Posted in Other 4 days ago.
Type: Full Time
* Performs a full range of record keeping and payroll activities, including computing wage and overtime requirements, calculating and recording payroll deductions, and creating deduction vouchers.
* Performs weekly Kronos and Lawson audits.
* Assists with filing tax reports and voluntary deduction reports, processing involuntary deductions such as levies and garnishments, preparing accounting transactions and documents, documenting and updating procedures, and preparing special reports for senior management.
* Provides operational, administrative, technical and analytical support necessary to process bi-weekly payroll.
* Keep current with issues related to payroll including taxation, best practices, and local, state and federal reporting requirements.
* Works in conjunction with HRIS and IT to ensure data is accurate in Payroll software, systems are functioning properly, and to assist in implementing upgrades and patches to Kronos and Lawson.
Provides training and / or in-services to timekeepers, new employees, payroll staff and other system personnel based on their level of involvement and responsibility in the payroll process.
Scheduled Days / Hours: 40.0
Associates degree in Accounting or Finance; Bachelors degree preferred.
3 to 5 years payroll experience;
Prior work experience with Lawson and Kronos;
Previous work experience collaborating with HRIS and IT.
Required License/Certifications/ Registration:
Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred.
Solid understanding of payroll & taxes. Proficiency in Lawson and Kronos.
Knowledge of basic accounting principles in relation to payroll/tax administration.Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel required, Access preferred.