Posted in Other 6 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Overview of the Install Utility Technician
Reporting to Deployment Director, you play a key part in bringing that purpose to life. You do this by building high impact relationships with our customers, and ensuring our products, equipment, and services represent our brand each day. .
* Performs installations, removals and relocations of water and ice vending machines at predetermined locations.
* Tests newly installed equipment and ensures that it is safe and available for customer use before leaving location.
* Identifies points of installation for water lines for access to water vending machines.
* Performs machine service functions that may require plumbing replacements.
* Drives a company-provided vehicle (24 ft. Truck) in a safe manner and in accordance with company standard operating procedures as well as DOT regulations.
* Due to the nature of some remote routes, where there's limited staff resources due to the geographical location, the Technician may be required to be in \\"Call-In\\" mode or available to cover service calls on weekends and on Company-observed holidays. In addition, this position may occasionally be required to be \\"On-Call\\" or standby duty. In either case, the Company's \\"On-Call\\" and/or \\"Call-In\\" pay guidelines will apply.
* Excessive driving
* Exceptional customer service and communication skills.
* Strong mechanical aptitude and computer literacy.
* Excellent planning, time management, organization and problem solving skills.
* High School Diploma or GED preferred; or equivalent experience of (3) three to (5) five years with a stable work history.
* Previous experience in a customer facing role.
* Must possess a valid drivers' license with a clean and acceptable driving record.
* Ability to apply concepts of basic mathematical skills and operate basic functions on a handheld scanner unit.
* Advanced proficiency with math skills and diagnostic tools including hand held devices.
* Ability to frequently lift and/or move 10 pounds and periodically lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds.
* Understanding of plumbing, (water flow, pipes, valves, etc.) and mechanical devices (i.e., motors, switches, etc.)
* Basic understanding of plumbing, electrical and/or construction.
* Work with heights of 10 ft. or more via ladder.
Who We Are
DS Services is a national direct-to-consumer provider of bottled water, office coffee and water filtration services. DS Services offers a comprehensive portfolio of beverage products, equipment and supplies to approximately 1.5 million customers through its network of over 210 sales and distribution facilities and daily operation of over 2,100 routes. With one of the broadest distribution networks in the country, DS Services can provide service to approximately 90 percent of U.S. households and efficiently services homes and national, regional and local offices. DS Services is dedicated to achieving its mission of becoming America's favorite water, coffee and tea service provider where consumers live, work and play. Please visit our website www.water.com for more information about DS Services. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled