Posted in Other 14 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Position is responsible for processing refunds for patient and payer balances. The duties include but are not limited to the follow-up of accounts, verifying and updating information and assisting in completing special projects during month-end and year-end financial reporting process.
* Follow-up on credit balances listed on monthly AR and Payer Follow-up reports.
* Review and update patient demographics and payer information as necessary for completion of claims payment.
* Review credit balances for refund request form completion and notates the accounts.
* Request permission from patients to transfer credits to cover balances and/or patient statements.
* Document all communications regarding account balance follow-up in the patient account.
* Attend in-services, seminars and webinars for additional education and performance improvement.
Regular and reliable attendance required.
This position is fully remote.
Successful candidate will pass a background check and drug screen.
High school education or GED with minimum of two (2) years' experience in accounts receivables collections preferred. Knowledge of medical terminology and managed care billing guidelines is required.
Must have excellent time management skills and be able to handle multiple, simultaneous tasks effectively and efficiently while maintaining a professional, courteous manner. Must be able to work well with others. Strong verbal and written communication skills required. Must be detail oriented and organized. High integrity, including maintenance of confidential information. Must be able to exercise good judgment and positively influence and lead others, including handling confrontations with poise and efficiency. Based on business need, the ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends as approved in advance.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other prohibited category set forth in federal or state regulations.
We will provide reasonable accommodation to complete the online application consistent with applicable law. If you require an accommodation, please contact Human Resources.
Qualification : .