Posted in Other 5 days ago.
Type: Full Time
MISSION / SUMMARY:
The Plant Manager role is responsible for the safety, employee engagement, productivity, quality, and customer service associated with multiple manufacturing and support functions within a multi-shift manufacturing facility. He/she is responsible for overall planning, assigning and directing the work of a Production management team responsible for Extrusion, Printing, Blanking, Cup Forming and Plastics. He/she is responsible for ensuring his/her teams remains focused on key performance indicators (Safety, Quality, and Productivity), optimizing production equipment to produce a product that meets or exceeds customer expectations. He/she is responsible for understanding and aligning business operations and manufacturing operations as he/she executes his/her role in alignment with GPI business, cultural, financial and operational objectives. Act consistently with our Core Values: Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Relationships, and Teamwork.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
* Work directly with and provide leadership to a Manager and Superintendent team of six (6) with direct management responsibility for a Production supervision team of approximately 25+/-.
* Ensure production aligns with the requirements of sales, quality, and customer service.
* Understand product requirements, then establish manufacturing standards, methods, policies and procedures, and manpower levels needed to obtain those requirements.
* Organize the plant's operations function to achieve business results, assigning responsibilities, as necessary.
* Effectively manage the entire plant's operations during the absence of the plant manager.
* Ensure execution of production plan by establishing priorities, scheduling activities and monitoring progress; revising schedules, and resolving problems.
* Ensure achievement of financial objectives by preparing manufacturing expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
* Ensure achievement of safety goals through developing and supporting a culture of following defined safety procedures, encouraging involvement, following up on safety concerns, and modeling proper safe behaviors. Partner directly with HSE, as needed, to ensure adherence to safety and environmental standards.
* Ensure desired level of employee engagement. This includes developing and supporting a culture of listening and responding to employee issues, taking decisive actions, recognizing excellent performance, and holding employees accountable for undesirable behaviors.
* Ensure achievement of quality goals, ensuring employees are properly trained on quality standards, and following proper quality procedures. Partner directly with QA to ensure adherence to customer quality standards.
* Ensure achievement of productivity goals by establishing and communicating clear objectives, providing requisite resources to direct reports, engaging the workforce and setting appropriate priorities / monitoring progress.
* Incorporate and foster continuous improvement by developing metrics, determining root cause of non-conformity with formulations or production planning; identifying corrective measures to reduce waste (time and materials) in the plant; recommending preventative maintenance requirements to guarantee safe and efficient operation of equipment.
* Proactively identify, develop, recommend, and implement operating policies and ensure the application of such policies.
* Coordinate and collaborate with all departments of the plant, vendors, suppliers in establishing and carrying out all responsibilities.
* Effectively communicate both up and down the organization on key issues (e.g. performance reviews, 1-on-1's, safety meetings, overtime plans, monthly business results, etc.)
* Maintain staff performance expectations through coaching, counseling and discipline; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
* Administer, communicate and interpret work procedures and company policies.
* Provides direct reports with guidance in handling difficult or complex problems and in resolving issues.
* Share in the obligation to protect and strengthen Graphic Packaging International's good reputation in our relationships with customers, employees, suppliers, competitors, investors, and governmental agencies, and to act consistently with our core values: Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Relationships, and Teamwork.
* Other duties as assigned.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
* Minimum of 10 years of experience in senior level plant operations management.
* Demonstrated experience in analysis, planning and forecasting and interpersonal skills.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
* Bachelor degree (Industrial Engineering, Production Management, Business Administration, or related field)
* Master's degree, strongly preferred.
* Six Sigma certified
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required to collaborate and communicate effectively with all levels of employees, various manufacturing and staff departments within the facility, and with groups outside the facility.
* Ability to develop a working knowledge of all areas of plant operations, i.e. finance, quality assurance, safety, human resources, etc.
* Demonstrated ability to utilize time management and multi-tasking skills.
* Software Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint) and SAP and QAD.
* Strong analytical, critical thinking and organizational skills, and detail orientation.
* Demonstrated ability to implement creative solutions. Takes initiative and is self-directed.
* High level of integrity to ensure accurate reporting of data.
* Management Style aligned with GPI Core Values: Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Relationships, and Teamwork.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently without a great need of supervision.
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
* Sitting, walking or standing for extended periods of time up to 12-hours.
* Occasional Lifting up to 20 lbs.
* Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
* Use of various office equipment, hand and electrical tools or equipment.
* Use of Personal Protective Equipment in designated areas (Safety Shoes, Hearing Protection, Hair & Beard Netting).
* Working in various temperatures & humidity levels depending on building & department (not all areas are temperature controlled throughout facilities).
* Ability to work overtime (greater than 40 hours per week)
* Ability to work any shift, including 12+ hours, evenings, and weekends
* Designing & Managing Work: Customer Focus, Managing & Measuring, Organizing, Planning, Priority Setting, Process Management, Functional/Technical Skills.
* Making Things Happen Through Teams: Action Orientation, Conflict Management, Confronting Direct Reports, Delegation, Directing Others, Listening, Motivating Others, Drive for Results, Sizing Up People, Building Effective Teams.
* Being A Strong Role Model & Leader: Integrity, Ethics & Values, Action Oriented, Timely Decision Making, Decision Quality, Problem Solving, Standing Alone.
* To be evaluated and added at a later date and absolutely prior to posting/interviewing for role.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.