Posted in Other 13 days ago.
Type: Full Time
At Great Wolf, the Room Attendant (Housekeeper) is one of the most critical roles in the Lodge as they create a clean and orderly environment for our guests. Housekeepers ensure are responsible for general cleaning and maintenance duties, which may include: vacuuming, dusting, item washing, trash collecting and proper sorting. The housekeeping staff ensures guests can leave their daily responsibilities at home.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Cleans guest rooms and guest areas, including: making beds; dusting and vacuuming; cleaning bathroom; replacing supplies; cleaning windows, mirrors, and patios
* Utilizes chemicals according to directions and familiarizes self with all material safety data sheets
* Maintains a stocked, organized, and clean cart with sufficient supplies
* Reports maintenance issues through appropriate channels for resolution
* Documents and secures lost and found items
* Communicates with guest on a professional and friendly manner
* Keeps supplies ready by restocking housekeeping cart at end of shift
* Assists House Attendant, including delivering guest requests and pick up of used guest items
* Conserves energy by closing shades and draperies; turning down air conditioning and heat of unoccupied rooms
* Reports hazardous conditions in work area or equipment to supervisor
Required Qualifications & Skills
* Willingness to work flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and/or Holidays as needed
* Successful completion of criminal background check and drug screen
Desired Qualifications & Traits
* Prior experience in housekeeping including; sanitation, laundry operations, and/or guest services
* Excellent customer service and oral communication skills
* Previous housekeeping or general cleaning experience
* Able to lift up to 30 lbs.
* Able to push/pull up to 100 lbs.
* Able to bend, stretch, and twist
* Able to stand for long periods of time
* Able to work with chemicals according to directions
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)