Posted in Other 4 days ago.
Type: Full Time
52764 Job Category:
Professional Position Type:
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder is currently seeking a high school student interested in math, science, or trades or a college student majoring in Civil or Environmental Engineering, Geology, or Environmental Science to and join us in our Sacramento, CA office as an intern.
Work closely with experienced laboratory technicians, engineers, geologists, and environmental scientists supporting their work on the following:
* Laboratory testing of construction materials (soil, concrete, asphalt, rebar, etc.)
* Laboratory organization of equipment and samples
* Laboratory data entry
* Permitting and reporting for environmental and geotechnical projects;
* Conducting field work for environmental and geotechnical projects;
* Performing groundwater and soil sampling or testing; and,
* Analyze, interpret results, and prepare calculations and assist with technical reports.
Desire and ability to learn various aspects in environmental, civil engineering, and geological sciences. Current enrollment in a BS or MS degree program in the related education field below. Candidates will have:
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Excellent organizational and time management skills
* Ability to work independently or within a team setting
* Responsible and committed to learning and performing requested duties
* Transportation to and from office
* Hours available may range from 4 to 40+ hours per week
High School Student Junior or Senior
College Student Civil Engineering, Geology, Environmental Science Major
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.