Posted in Other 11 days ago.
Type: Part Time
LAZ Parking is one of the largest and fastest growing parking companies in the country. We often say, parking is our industry, but people are our passion . Our mission is to create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients. When it comes to parking, we re the experts!
The LAZ HOSPITALITY silo is a unique team within LAZ Parking dedicated to growth through operational and financial excellence. The Hospitality team specializes in Hotel Partnerships across the country and excels at developing relationships through training, human connection, and career development for our employees and partners.
THE SPIRIT OF THE POSITION:
The SHIFT LEAD, HOSPITALITY oversees operations in the absence of location management while ensuring that increased revenue, managed expenses, and customer satisfaction is maximized by maintaining the highest level of service thresholds and initiatives that are aligned with the expectations of our client.
PRINCIPAL JOB DUTIES:
* Support location management with the financial, operational, safety and service-related success at their hotel.
* Attend daily stand up meetings and resume meetings scheduled by client.
* Ensure LAZ internal stand up meetings (Pre-Shifts or Huddles ) are held each shift.
* Ensures staff adheres to rules of conduct, policies and procedures.
* Embrace, resolve, and see through to resolution any customer service or client concerns.
* Communicates any challenges to Location Management to address.
* Additional duties as assigned.
* Assist with the management and development of the Hotel team to accomplish annual and periodic goals/initiatives, while embodying and using LAZ Parking s culture as a guideline.
* Identify high potential employees to support the organization s continued growth, both within your region and outside.
* Ensure all safety initiatives from the National Safety & Training Manager, Hospitality are rolled out to new and existing employees.
* Any and all safety concerns are reported to the Hospitality Manager/Assistant Hospitality Managers for review and suggestions on how to improve safety at your hotel.
* Supervises, mentors, and trains staff on day-to-day activities in the absence of management.
* Assists in establishing performance standards, recommending, and implementing changes to procedures when necessary.
* Drive service results and establish goals by monitoring and responding to results from LAZ Service Shopper Reports and hotel internal service metrics.
* Responsible for cultivating client relationships and business retention.
* Implement and complete other projects, programs, and initiatives that may arise from assigned hotel(s).
* Responsible for claims and safety related training and prevention initiatives.
* Responsible for overall financial success during their shift.
* Daily, weekly, monthly, and annual financial and operational reports as required.
* High school diploma or GED required.
* Supervisory experience is preferred but not required.
* Strong customer service experience.
* Valid driver s license required.
* Ability to communicate professionally and effectively.
* Ability to speak, read, and comprehends the English language.
* Must be open to feedback, differing opinions and other points of view.
* Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness.
* Demonstrate the ability to seek improvement.
* Excellent teambuilding and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to drive a standard transmission.
* Ability to produce and maintain an acceptable driving record and unrestricted drivers license.
* Willingness to work in the elements heat, wind, snow, rain, etc.
* Ability to lift, push and pull at least 50 pounds.
* Ability to stand, walk and run for extended periods of time.
* Ability bend, stoop, squat and lift frequently throughout a shift.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt, Tipped
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
LAZ Parking participates in E-Verify.