Posted in Other 14 days ago.
Type: Full Time
The Office of Faculty Records was created (by a mandate of the Board of Trustees in 2003) to facilities and oversee the faculty appointment and promotion process. The office provides primary source verification for all full-time and affiliate faculty applicants. The Office of Faculty Records also coordinates the activities of the Committee on Faculty Appointments and Promotions. The office reports to the Vice Dean for Faculty Affairs and Professional Development.
* Assist with primary source verification of all credentials of both new faculty applicants prior to employment, and current faculty prior to promotion in all colleges across the institution. This position will be the first source of review for all applications submitted to the Office of Faculty Records and will work in conjunction with the Medical Staff office and Human Resources. Verification of credentials includes (but is not limited to) education (medical or applicable degree), formal training (residency, fellowship and other relevant training), references, grants, current licenses, DEA number, administrative positions, and bibliography.
* Assist in the maintenance of the faculty database/Peoplesoft
* Assist in the monthly preparing of documents to be presented to the Faculty Affairs Committee
* Assist in the maintenance and organization of office faculty files
* Coordinate the receipt and distribution of office mail
* Answer telephone calls and properly direct and assist visitors to the office
* Demonstrate commitment to the University s core values of excellence and innovation, integrity and respect, teamwork and communication.
* Interacts with co-workers, visitors, and other staff consistent with the core values of the University.
* Knows policies and procedures applicable to assigned duties. Uses sound judgment and is aware of potential hazards before taking action. Promptly reports errors, events or situation of actual or potential harm. Understands emergency procedures and can demonstrate appropriate response.
* Handles other relevant duties as assigned.
* Complete credentialing process for Thomas Jefferson University Applicants, PhilaU and affiliate applicants.
* Collect all necessary documents for Thomas Jefferson University and affiliate appointments and promotions.
* Assist in the transfer of data (i.e. data entry, verification of credentials, maintenance of files, etc.) in the merger of Thomas Jefferson University with Philadelphia University.
* Maintain application logs.
* Maintain contact, coordinate and troubleshoot potential and existing problems with Jefferson University Physicians, Human Resources, and Chairman s offices, Medical Staff Affairs, Faculty Affairs and all other necessary contacts as pertaining to deadlines and Faculty materials.
* Handle all deadlines in accordance with the practitioners effective date of employment, temporary appointment expiration and tenure expiration.
* Analyze practitioner information, CV, nomination, and necessary Appointment and promotion meeting documents to ensure they meet criteria for proposed rank and track.
* Become proficient in Access Database, Microsoft word, excel, and various on-line credentialing sources/ organizations used in credentialing.
* Proficiency in all aspects of credentialing file preparation. Maintain a working knowledge of specific elements required by the Appointments and Promotions Committee Review for appointment, reappointment, track changes, and promotions
* Field calls and written queries pertaining to Faculty Appointments, promotions, Campus key and library access.
* Maintain dialogue with Chairman s staff and all College Deans to ensure all required materials are submitted. Review all documents and flag all information that requires further review by the Associate Provost of Faculty Affairs.
* Educate new Department Appointments and promotions Contacts on the requirements and process for the Faculty Appointments and promotions process.
* On an ongoing basis, run pending and incomplete Faculty appointment and promotion s status reports in order to maintain department standards for the application processing time. Send status follow-ups to necessary contacts applicants, and faculty members.
* Provide support and adequate customer service to applicants and faculty members. Assist and guide them on the guidelines for the proposed rank and track and the documents which are required.
* Review and analyze applications and supporting documentation. Assess completeness of information.
* Prepare and distribute necessary documents.
* Be flexible to assist with shifting workload and priorities. When necessary assist with routine office procedures such as opening mail, filing, photocopying, faxing, and running errands.
* Faculty Affairs committee meeting packets
* Train new employees in the following
* Credentialing Process
* Peoplesoft Database
SKMC/TJU Departmental Chairs, Deans And Administrators; Chairs And Personnel At Affiliate Institutions; Office Personnel At Outside Institutions
High School Diploma. Associates degree preferred. Training will be handled within the office.
Jefferson Health delivers state of the art healthcare services to patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey. Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) provides more than 8,400 students from nearly 40 states and 40 countries with 21st century professional education. Combined, we have over 30,000 employees.
Jefferson Health, with 14 hospitals (seven are Magnet designated by the ANCC for nursing excellence) and 40+ outpatient and urgent care locations, offers a broad range of primary and complex, highly specialized care that touches the lives of more than four million patients annually. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Thomas Jefferson University Hospital among the nation s best in eight specialties. Jefferson Health also includes the NCI designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; it is one of only 70 such centers in the nation.
Thomas Jefferson University has ten colleges and three schools that offer more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs. Our University is dedicated to inter-professional and transdisciplinary approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform for professional education. Through this unique model, we are preparing our students for current and yet to be imagined careers.
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.
As an employer, the Jefferson Enterprise maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.