Posted in Other 9 days ago.
Type: Full Time
The Patient Registrar IV maintains a pleasant efficient office. This means placing emphasis on the prompt and courteous treatment of all patients, staff and physicians; assuring a neat and clean physical environment; and keeping the work flow of the office running smoothly. Assures accurate collection of demographic information is an important aspect of the job.
* Schedules, cancels and reschedules patient appointments via EPIC automated scheduling system and checking put patients after office visit
* Answers telephone, registers patients, verifies insurance coverage and collects fees
* Creates accurate and complete appointments
* Reviews/ verifies patient demographics are updated, documents patient demographic changes and enters into system in a timely manner
* Ensures all patient information is accurate and complete
* Prepares and mails new patient packets (registration form, brochures, practice information, etc.)
Full - Time, 40 hours/week ( Days)
* Minimum of a High School diploma
* Previous experience with EPIC system, min. (
* 3) three years of exp. within a medical office setting and familiarity with Microsoft excel preferred.
Jefferson Health delivers state of the art healthcare services to patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey. Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) provides more than 8,400 students from nearly 40 states and 40 countries with 21st century professional education. Combined, we have over 30,000 employees.
Jefferson Health, with 14 hospitals (seven are Magnet designated by the ANCC for nursing excellence) and 40+ outpatient and urgent care locations, offers a broad range of primary and complex, highly specialized care that touches the lives of more than four million patients annually. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Thomas Jefferson University Hospital among the nation s best in eight specialties. Jefferson Health also includes the NCI designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; it is one of only 70 such centers in the nation.
Thomas Jefferson University has ten colleges and three schools that offer more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs. Our University is dedicated to inter-professional and transdisciplinary approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform for professional education. Through this unique model, we are preparing our students for current and yet to be imagined careers.
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.
As an employer, the Jefferson Enterprise maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.