Posted in Other 4 days ago.
Type: Full Time
This is an AbilityOne contract which requires most work hours must be performed by a Team Member with Significant Disabilities. Due to the program requirements, this requisition needs to be filled by a person that meets the AbilityOne criteria.
The General Maintenance Worker will perform general maintenance and repair of equipment and buildings requiring practical skill and knowledge (but not proficiency) in such trades as painting, carpentry, plumbing, masonry, and electrical work. Work involves a variety of the following duties: Replacing electrical receptacles, wires, switches, fixtures, and motors; using plaster or compound to patch minor holes and cracks in walls and ceilings; repairing or replacing sinks, water coolers, and toilets; painting structures and equipment; repairing or replacing concrete floors, steps, and sidewalks; replacing damaged paneling and floor tiles; hanging doors and installing door locks; replacing broken window panes; and performing general maintenance on equipment and machinery
* Must have a minimum of 1 year(s) related experience specific to job description.
* Meet eligibility requirements for work assignment on the specific contract.
* Must have a valid driver s license, good driving record and be insurable under the center s policy.
* Must be able to pass organization screening requirements, including state or federal background screenings as appropriate.
* Ability to read, write and speak English.
* Safely perform essential functions described below.
* Physically capable of lifting up to 50 pounds.
* Ability to frequently bend, crouch, walk, climb stairs and ladders, reach above head, sit (to drive) and lift up to 40 pounds regularly.
* Assist in lifting equipment and moving furniture when necessary. May be required to move or lift alone.
Interested applicants please visit our Career Center @ Www.gce.org and complete our on-line applications. Our toll free number is (866) 236-3981.
Global Connections to Employment, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Drug Free Workplace Employer, DRUG TESTING REQUIRED
Global Connections to Employment, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status..