Posted in Other 6 days ago.
Type: Full Time
RESPONSIBILITIES, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS:
* Coordinate maintenance of environmental control systems as required to ensure continual compliance with Local, State and Federal regulations, Title V permits and with LNA policies and procedures.
* Coordinate collection and analysis of environmental samples and monitoring information as required to ensure continual compliance with Local, State and Federal regulations, permits and with LNA policies and procedures.
* Lead root-cause-failure-analysis of spills, control equipment malfunctions, unplanned discharges, excess emissions, etc, as required.
* Develop and implement programs, including training, as necessary to ensure compliance with LNA, Local, State, and Federal environmental requirements
* Maintain knowledge of applicable LNA, Local, State and Federal environmental regulations and requirements.
* Coordinate, accompany, communicate and follow-up with Local, State and Federal inspectors and officials.
* Coordinate and lead all activities related to reclamation.
* Oversee product registration efforts in applicable states in the US.
* Knowledgeable of state and federal laws, regulations, and agencies, the regulatory process, the permit application process, and the procedures for obtaining information.
* Proven track record in the following environmental areas: emission testing, emission inventory calculations, NPDES and Title V management, Tier II & III reporting, EPCRA, groundwater monitoring, solid waste, and hazardous waste programs.
* Ability to influence change with key personnel at the site level of the organization.
* Working knowledge of industrial manufacturing procedures and equipment
* Ability to work with regulators, inspectors and other government agents from MSHA, ATF, EPA, BLM, NDEP, etc.
* Experience dealing with all levels of MSHA/DOT agencies.
* Skilled with Root-Cause-Failure Analysis methods.
* Above average computer skills in MS Office required.
* Experience with SAP QM, CRM and DMS module preferred
* Basic understanding of computer software applications for equipment control, data collection, quality control and analysis in an industrial operation.
* Coordinate implementation of LNA safety program including internal recordkeeping and reporting requirements.
* Conduct regular/routine site inspections and coordinate actions to correct deficiencies.
* Coordinate oversight of contractor safety performance.
* Conduct safety training and maintain records for plant personnel, for new hires and for visitors as stipulated by LNA, Local, State and Federal safety regulations and requirements.
* Implement Lhoist safety programs necessary to ensure compliance with LNA, Local, State, and Federal requirements.
* Maintain knowledge of applicable LNA, Local, State and Federal safety regulations and requirements.
* Conduct all follow up, including paperwork, with injured employees pursuant related to Workers Compensation claims and LNA requirements.
* Manage LNA s industrial hygiene monitoring and compliance program including PPE and hearing conservation elements.
RECORDKEEPING, REPORTING, COMPLIANCE:
* Coordinate recordkeeping and reporting as required to ensure continual compliance with Local, State and Federal regulations and with LNA policies and procedures.
* Lead investigations and root-cause-failure-analysis of all work-related accidents/incidents and file reports as required.
* Coordinate with LNA Human Resources administration of pre-employment, random, post accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing program.
* Develop a strong working relationship with local, state and federal safety agencies and environmental agencies.
* Coordinate, accompany, communicate and follow-up with Local, State and Federal inspectors and officials. Maintain all SEQ & BLM related files and records.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: Minimum of five (5) years professional management experience in industrial environmental and/or safety. Minimum of three (3) years in lime, cement, mining or other related industry preferred.
REQUIRED EDUCATION: BS engineering degree in Environmental, Chemistry, Natural Science, or other related technical degree and/or equivalent experience.
Lhoist North America offers a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K, and vacation. LNA also supports employee work-life balance with telecommuting and compressed workweek options for many positions.
Lhoist North America is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.