Posted in Other 6 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Los Angeles, CA
One Medical is a membership-based primary care platform challenging the industry status quo by making quality care more affordable, accessible and enjoyable. But this isn t your average doctor s office. We re on a mission to transform healthcare, which means tackling the frustrations of everyone involved from patients and providers to employers and health networks.
Across the country, our members enjoy access to comprehensive care at more than 80 locations across twelve cities (and counting!) as well as 24/7 access to virtual care. We ve reached some exciting milestones this year, but our work is far from over. As we continue to grow and broaden our impact, we re building a diverse, driven and empathetic team, while working hard to cultivate an environment where everyone can thrive.
As an Administrative Assistant you will be an ambassador for our patients working directly with them as well as working with internal and external stakeholders on their behalf. With your mastery of human connection, our Electronic Health Records System (1Life), and our processes, you will remove barriers to care and promote collaboration and resolution of open tasks all with an eye towards exceptional patient and team member experiences. You are the first line of defense for seamless care coordination to ensure our patient's needs are met. Additionally, you will be the first point of contact for patient feedback, as well as provide any other support as requested by the Shift Lead, Manager, or our provider team.
You will start off working from one of our established locations on our Virtual Administrative Assistant team, providing impeccable care to our members through virtual platforms (phone, messaging or in-system interaction) with an eventual shift to assisting patients in person at the front desk in future offices. While on the Virtual Administrative Assistant team you will have both work from office and work from home days.
You are a strong team player and use your innovative problem solving skills to tackle various tasks and challenges. You have a strong grasp of verbal and written communication. You are able to identify opportunities and deliver on customer-centric solutions while using empathy, focus, and compassion in all interactions with patients and teammates. You bring self-awareness to your daily work to utilize your strengths and develop your areas of opportunity. You thrive in cultures that focus on feedback and growth and are nimble in their approach to respond to the needs of the patients and team. You have an unwavering drive to help and serve others and create amazing moments for our members and teammates. If this sounds like you, we would love to connect.
WHAT YOU\'LL LIKELY WORK ON:
* Use impeccable C-I-CARE (a framework containing the key elements of a great interaction and effective communication that we use with patients and each other) in all patient interactions with an initial focus on ensuring a positive virtual (phone, messaging or in-system interaction) experience and assisting with things such as medical records, authorizations, referrals, and coordinating care among our members care partners like pharmacies, testing laboratories, and specialists.
* Managing phone inquiries from our patients and those involved in their care outside of One Medical as they navigate a complex healthcare system including but not limited to needs tied to insurance, billing inquiries, and appointment management
* Pair with providers and other operations team members to complete urgent tasks
* Contribute to team development through rounding, attending team huddles, participating in team problem solving, supporting in office providers with ad hoc asks, etc.
* Upon eventual shift to the front desk role, you ll be responsible for all front of house duties including check in/check out, insurance verification, printing/paperwork tasks, prepping tests, performing opening and closing duties/daily office upkeep as required, including maintaining the look and feel of both patient and employee facing spaces, restocking supplies, and organization
* Master our technology suite including but not limited to Slack, G-suite, Zoom, and our Electronic Medical Record System 1Life, in order to interact with team members and patients and complete daily work
WHAT YOU LL NEED:
* At least 1 year of experience in high touch customer or patient facing roles
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Experience working on collaborative, diverse and feedback-driven multi-disciplinary teams
* A proven track record of persisting through change, demonstrating a forward thinking perspective when under pressure, and consistently stepping up to take action on challenges
* Proficiency in computer technology such as typing, navigating the internet and using multiple software systems simultaneously
* A quiet and private area with reliable internet connection in your home for work from home days as well as the ability to travel to local offices for work from office days
BENEFITS DESIGNED TO AID YOUR HEALTH AND WELLNESS:
Taking care of you today
* Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
* Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
* Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
* Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
* Pre-Tax commuter benefits
* PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
* Competitive salary: starts at $18/hour
Protecting your future for you and your family
* 401K match
* Opportunity to participate in company equity programs
* Credit towards emergency childcare
* Extra contributions toward maternity and paternity leave
* Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
* Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
This is a full-time position located in Los Angeles, CA, specifically our Downtown LA or Century City office.
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience. Apply