Posted in Other 8 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Country United States of America
State / County California
Company Permaswage Gardena
Position type Full Time
Anticipated start date Anticipated start date - day Anticipated start date - month Anticipated start date - year October 1 2020
453 Company Profile
With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Permaswage is the fluid fittings technology leader in the aerospace and defense industry, offering comprehensive solutions with technology development and manufacturing capability. All forgings, fittings, and tooling are made in-house to provide customers with the highest quality, service, and value.
Three locations are ready to serve you, including Permaswage USA in Gardena, California; Permaswage Europe in Les-Clayes Sous Bois, France; and Permaswage China, located in Suzhou.
The Permaswage USA campus serves as PCC's Fluid Fittings Headquarters including Airdrome Precision Components, Faber Enterprises, and Nelson Aerospace, allowing PCC to serve as a one stop shop for fluid fittings.
While each company maintains a separate cage code and customer approvals, they are integrated with respect to quality manuals and procedures, supply chain, and customer service.
Located in Gardena California, Permaswage designs and manufactures separable and permanent fluid fittings and installation tolling for aerospace and defense applications.
Position Summary The Director of Quality Assurance reports to the Vice President/ General Manager and is responsible to direct operating quality assurance system by defining and interpreting division needs and establishing necessary quality programs to accomplish these needs. This function is accomplished through direction of Quality Engineering and Administration, Quality Control Metrology and Metallurgical Laboratories.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
1. Plan and maintain oversight of operational goals for Quality Engineering and Administration, and Quality Control Metrology and metallurgical laboratories to meet company objectives consistent with established quality standards.
2. Act as focal point for customer contacts involving Quality Assurance. Participate in all customer audits to show that company procedures are in compliance with customer requirements, and to determine appropriate corrective action when not in agreement.
3. Analyze and evaluate quality and reliability capabilities of potential suppliers, and perform quality surveys and analyses of in-house quality programs and manufacturing processes to determine adequacy of systems and compliance with requirements.
4. Participate in design review, and review pre-release drawings and process specifications to develop need and nature of quality program and to assure proper engineering consideration of quality requirements.
5. Interact with customers, military, vendors and regulatory agencies to negotiate quality procedures and problem resolutions which are in compliance with requirements.
6. Develop and maintain division policy and directives concerning Quality Assurance
including those which reconcile differences between various customers, government agencies, vendors and division operating requirements.
7. Maintain and periodically review cost of quality including internal and external failure costs. Balance manufacturing and inspection appraisal costs as well as prevention costs such as those associated with statistical process control, improvements and audits against total cost. Maintain budgetary control over Quality Assurance function.
8. Responsible to develop administrative and technical data documentation governing division operations.
9. Responsible to ensure that company safety, environmental control and hazard communications policy is adequate and that operations are in compliance.
10. Provide contributions, leadership and training support to quality oriented programs including Deutsch Continuous Improvement (DCI) and Total Quality Management (TQM) programs. Evaluate trade and professional association - industry and customer improvements in quality programs for application in-house. Develop and utilize quality activity tracking systems for improvement purposes and make and negotiate recommendations for quality improvements with operating management.
11. Coordinate all quality related product liability cases that may involve litigation
with legal counsel and contribute to development of company position in such legal matters including acting as an expert witness, as required.
12. Serve as a member of Operating managers and be responsible to make decisions of or handle special functions as related to overall company operations.
B. SUPERVISION THROUGH SUBORDINATE SUPERVISION
Accomplish function through direction of the following Quality Assurance sections:
1. QUALITY ADMINISTRATION:
Supervise activity including contract and purchase order review, certification, customer source and distributor control, and customer corrective actions.
2. QUALITY ENGINEERING:
Supervise function including corrective actions, material disposition, internal audits, vendor control, trend analysis and cost of quality.
3. METROLOGY LABORATORY
Supervise laboratory operations including instrument calibration and analysis, and gage planning, acquisition and control.
4. METALLURGY LABORATORY
Supervise laboratory operations including chemical, physical and non-destructive testing, raw materials residuals and failure analysis. Supervise complete product metallurgical investigation.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.