Posted in Other 9 days ago.
Type: Full Time
The Department of Public Affairs and Marketing plans, manages, and implements strategic communications (such as news media relations, public relations, marketing, internal and external communications) for UC Davis Health. Communications are aimed at a wide range of key constituencies, such as the news media UC administration, UC Davis faculty, staff and students, government/regulatory leaders, external physicians, business leaders, patients and health care consumers, and the general public.
Job Summary Final Filing Date : 11/1/2020
Qualified applicants will be required to submit work samples Upon request for further consideration
Salary Range : The budgeted pay range for this position is $7,916.66 to $8,750.00, Grade 25
Salary Frequency : Monthly
Appointment Type : Career
Percentage of Time : 100%
Shift Hour : 08 hours
Location : Broadway Building
City : Sacramento
Union Representation : No
Benefits Eligible : Yes
We offer exceptional employment benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans, generous paid vacations and holidays, excellent retirement savings and investment plans, continuing education, and reduced fee and scholarship programs.
THIS IS NOT AN H1- B OPPORTUNITY
The Senior Public Information Officer helps to strategically position various clinical services by developing communications plans, preparing articles and press releases for the media and UC Davis Health website, gathering and disseminating timely information to internal and external audiences, acting as media spokesperson, planning and overseeing press events, researching and writing briefing materials, serving as writer and managing editor for print materials, and contributing to UC Davis Health social media channels.
* Demonstrated ability to write for various print formats, including production scripts, text-documents, presentation formats (such as PowerPoint, posters), Web communications, press releases, talking points
* Demonstrated skill in message development, audience identification and issue-management in alignment with an organization s institutional goals
* Advanced experience using different media including Web, social media, video and traditional platforms to communicate messages and expand reach with varied audiences
* Extensive media relations expertise and skills dissemination experience for training others
* Bachelor s degree in related area (science, communications, journalism, English) and/or equivalent experience and training
* Advanced experience in developing communications for an academic health center
* Advanced experience developing communications for an assigned area of medical specialty
* Master s degree in related area (science, communications, journalism, English) and/or equivalent experience and training
This position may be subject to a criminal background investigation, drug screen, Live Scan fingerprinting, medical evaluation clearance, and functional capacity assessment.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.