Posted in Other 11 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Schweitzer-Mauduit International, Inc. (NYSE: SWM) ( SWM or the Company ) is a publicly-traded, multinational, diversified engineered materials company which conducts business in over 90 countries and operates 24 production locations worldwide. Operating locations include the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, France, Luxembourg, Brazil, China, Belgium and Poland. SWM operates in two business segments, Advanced Materials & Structures and Engineered Papers. For the fiscal year ended 12/31/19, consolidated revenues were $1 billion.
Summary of Responsibilities:
We re looking to hire a Category Manager in our Corporate office in Alpharetta, GA location. Reporting to the Director, Corporate Procurement, the Category Manager will contribute to the growth and profitability of SWM International by optimizing sourcing strategies, building supplier relationships and promoting continuous improvement. This position will provide strong support in the areas of cost management, program development, supplier management and contract development. This position will ensure timely supply of high-quality products and services while focusing on cost-reduction initiatives to reduce initial capital investments, life cycle and expense-related costs.
* Execute all procurement processes and steps for assigned category.
* Manage the relevant product supply process and enhance the overall effectiveness of the supply chain.
* Develop and maintain market understanding and working knowledge of supply economics, processes and cost drivers for the relevant product portfolio, including staying abreast of new technologies.
* Interpret information and translate into actionable strategies and forward-looking analyses.
* Support and lead specific supplier selection, negotiation and supplier management strategies maintain alignment and support strategy development on entire category.
* Responsibilities may include other related categories.
* Support the development of negotiation plans for assigned category and sub-categories.
* Plan, lead and execute negotiations of commercial terms and supply agreements.
* Key components of the negotiation strategy to include stakeholder input, negotiation objectives, SWM interests, supplier interests, SWM leverage points, supplier leverage points and a pre-programmed execution plan, which includes defined roles and responsibilities of the negotiation team.
* Work closely with key stakeholders to develop cost reduction strategies and implementation plans that meet business needs.
* Drive annual cost savings (includes year over year price reductions and cost avoidance with value generation) in each spend category/sub-category.
* Track savings programs in relative financial and sourcing repositories, forecast savings vs. standard and monitor actuals.
* Develop savings pipeline, champion and ensure implementation of ideas and communicate progress against targets.
SUPPLIER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
* Identify suitable suppliers, evaluate their capability, and manage ongoing supplier relationships.
* Manage the escalation and resolution of all identified issues with suppliers.
* Drive supplier performance, compliance and accountability thru supplier scorecards and performance metrics.
* Identify and engage with internal stakeholders, including Operations, Quality, Business Units, Corporate Functions and R&D.
* Clarify stakeholder requirements, drive proactive communications and include in strategy development and implementation.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university with 7-10 years relevant industry and category experience required.
* A master s degree in engineering/business/quantitative field is preferred.
* All aspects of MRO (maintenance, repair and operations) sourcing. (ie. cost drivers, competitive suppliers, specialty suppliers etc.)
* All aspects of internal processes
* Negotiating and contracting experience with the major suppliers
* Leveraging purchasing opportunities across a large and complex organization and BU to realize synergies
* Solving business problems and facilitating decision making in a team setting
* Working and developing relationships with stakeholders and users across all the sites
* Effectively communicating and interacting with all levels of the organization, including engineers, plant operations, buyers, finance, and senior management
* Running analytics - determining benchmarks that can help in competitive negotiations, ensure compliance etc
* Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.