Posted in Other 8 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Overview Summary: Ambit Group is an established federal consulting and technology contractor, recognized as one of Washington s Best Places to Work. Since 2004, we ve helped our federal partners solve their toughest people, process and technology challenges in the National Security, Federal Science and Regulatory mission spaces. Ambit Gets the Mission of Government Done.
Ambit is an Employee and Customer-centric organization. We embody the name of the firm in our culture. Our ambit, or sphere of influence, is one in which all members have a voice, and all are committed to outcomes. We understand that work, family and community co-exist, when any element is out of balance, all suffer. Our policies are family-centric, providing flexible work schedules, job sharing and cross-training that meets client requirements and supports our employees. We focus on more than the task at hand--we function as One Ambit.
We encourage our teams to extend their reach. Our teams charitable contributions have led to thousands of hours of corporate philanthropic support and several industry awards for impact. As a Women-Owned, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned business, supporting our veterans is dear to our hearts. Ambit improves the lives of our fellow citizens.
We are currently seeking a Project Manager/Scrum Master to join our team supporting a 3 month contract for USPTO in Alexandria, VA.
* The Contractor shall provide other Project Managers / Scrum Masters with general expertise in the technologies associated with identified projects to include but not be limited to:
* Planning, technical architecture, design and development of complex systems
* Software and system development methodologies such as SCRUM
* Hardware, network and other infrastructure technologies as identified
* Cloud solutions including service, delivery and deployment models in commercial, private and public cloud environments
* COTS and open source analysis and selection
* Bridging the business aspects and the technical aspects of delivering complex systems including the ability to productively interact with resistant and/or change adverse stakeholders
* Ensures tasks are executed successfully and with quality (using CMMI Level III or other QA best practices) by the team on a consistent basis
* Establishes appropriate communication channels between the various project stakeholders, provides routine status reports, weekly project plan updates and conducts meetings to keep everyone updated on all project activities and any risks/issues
* Anticipates stakeholder needs and works with Product Owners to successfully manage changes in project scope, schedule, budget, and personnel
* Software Development Project Management
* Agile Development Methodologies to include experience managing project(s) in accordance with the Agile Scrum framework
* Expertise in the management and control of funds and resources
* Ability to provide guidance and direction to staff of different skills and seniority
* Leading and integrating elements of complex projects to achieve desired results by setting strategically aligned goals
* Strong facilitation and cross-functional team facilitation skills
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Minimum of ten (10) years of project management experience
* Minimum of five (5) years of experience in successful projects as a Technical Project Manager with technical framework knowledge within supporting existing infrastructure efforts
* PMP Certification required; CSM preferred
* Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in communication, facilitating meetings and presentations and writing project documentation
* Experience supporting projects using database & cloud
The Ambit Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Ambit Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Ambit Group expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Ambit Group s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.