Posted in Other 4 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Cook, Willows - Starting at $15.00
HMH Res Care Inc- Willows
Full Time with Benefits
Standard Hours Per Week
Every Other Weekend
On Call Work
No On-Call Required
Four of 6
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The role of the Cook is to prepare and direct the preparation of foods as indicated on the menu, while using standardized recipes based on standard portion sizes. The Cook must prepare and serve all meals and snacks as per facility policies, procedures and state/federal guidelines.
A day in the life of a Cook at Hackensack Meridian Health can be described as follows:
Ensures trays are accurate and complete.
- Ensures all food served is tasty, attractive, and garnished.
- Estimates food service requirements and controls service portions, eliminating waste and leftovers.
- Completes all required documentation as per facility policy and procedure, state/federal guidelines.
- Checks equipment and cooking areas often to make sure they maintain safety and sanitation requirements
- HS diploma or equivalent - vocation, technical or on the job training is preferred
- General cooking experience is required
- One (1) or more years of professional experience in a nursing home or hospital is required
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.
Meridian Health is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action and will not discriminate in the recruitment or employment practices on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, veteran status and any other category protected by federal or state law.