Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
We have an immediate opening for a CISCO Configuration specialist in our Chantilly, VA office. This role is responsible for providing pre-sales and post-sales configuration, pricing, direction, and technical assistance to internal and external customers for a specific original equipment manufacturer (OEM) partner. Assist customers and colleagues in understanding requirements, performing configurations, and proposing accurate cost-effective solutions for hardware, software, and/or products. This individual solves sales support problems, acts as a focal point for inside sales coverage and escalation of sales issues, and answers salesperson s product-related questions.
* Provide pre and post-sales configuration, pricing, and technical assistance on basic requests to internal and external customers for a specific manufacturer partner
* Obtain and Maintain entry to mid-level technical certifications
* Coordinate with UNICOM partner to obtain SOW and pricing for custom services
* Develop and maintain relationships with key OEM partner and distributor points of contact
* Works with more senior team members to obtain guidance on technical, system, and process recommendations
* Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment. Picks up on technical things quickly; can learn new skills and knowledge; is good at learning new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge; does well in technical courses and seminars.
* Interprets technical and business-related information as it relates to activities with peers. Written skills require the ability to convey information related to technical issues. Work regularly involves contact to resolve mutual problems and to collaborate on work procedures including team projects. The ability to build relationships both internally and externally is a key priority.
* Improves methods or procedures originated by others. Participates in projects that result in new ideas or methods. Regularly makes decisions that are covered by specific methods and procedures requiring some interpretation of policy. Identifies problems and provides input into solutions. Deals with concepts and complexity comfortably.
* Establishes plans for own work will work with supervisor to prioritize tasks typically involving day to day functions and established responsibilities and reports. Coordinates work efforts with other groups.
* Handles multiple priorities regarding routine matters with some issue resolution. Will escalate difficult situations to the supervisor. Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging.
* Prior experience providing technical support to the federal, state, or local government is also preferred. Experience working with government purchase orders is preferred.
* Required to obtain and maintain specific vendor and partner certifications to support business goals and objectives.
* Basic understanding of the pricing and registration process for a specific OEM
* Knowledge of the registration process with both HPI and Dell as needed.
* Making recommendations based on cost vs benefit
* 4 to 6 years of related and progressive experience with technical product support experience
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent experience in a related field. Major(s) or related field of study
* Possess basic level technical and sales certifications.
* Preferred Microsoft Office, Salesforce
At UNICOM Government, Inc., our top priority is our people. We support our employees in maintaining a healthy work-life balance by providing unique programs and comprehensive benefits that are important to today s busy professionals.
UGI s benefits include Medical, Dental, and Vision plans, life and disability insurance, 401K, short and long-term disability- and flexible spending. UGI employees also enjoy observance of federal holidays, a family-friendly environment, flexible work schedules, and an onsite gym. If you are interested in a career with UGI, please visit https://www.unicomgov.com/about/careers/ to learn more and apply directly to our openings.
Thank you for your interest in UNICOM Government, Inc.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Male/Female/Disabled/Veteran