Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Respiratory Therapist (Registered) - Full-Time Nights
Palisades Medical Center
Full Time with Benefits
Standard Hours Per Week
Every Other Weekend
On Call Work
No On-Call Required
Two of 6
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
***This is a Night shift (overnight) position.
A day in the life of a Registered Respiratory Therapist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
Administers diagnostic and therapeutic respiratory care modalities in a competent manner.
- Performs diagnostic respiratory care procedure.
- Maintains and monitors respiratory related equipment.
- Assists in cardio-pulmonary resuscitation.
- Delivers on a daily basis, therapeutic respiratory care modalities, according to department policies and procedures by processing requests for procedures from patient care units and confirming physicians orders in patient charts and establishing a patient care plan for each patient, regularly updating knowledge of techniques and regulations appropriate to the ages of patients served.
- Evaluates the effects of therapies and makes records to the physician. Communicates clearly and tactfully with patients.
- Performs on a daily basis check of resuscitation equipment and emergency oxygen supply.
- Delivers and maintains on a daily basis oxygen equipment as ordered by physician.
- Stocks on a daily basis respiratory therapy supplies throughout the hospital.
- Maintains, cleans and performs, as needed, functional checks of department equipment
- High School Graduate.
- Graduate of AMA approved respiratory therapist program required.
- Certified or Registered Respiratory Therapist required.
- NJ Licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner required.
- CPR certified required.
- Previous experience required, at least two (2) years clinical experience preferred.
- Knowledge of function and ability to operate ventilator, respirators, blood gas machines, pulse oximeter, pulmonary function unit, suction machine.
If you feel the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.
Meridian Health is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action and will not discriminate in the recruitment or employment practices on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, veteran status and any other category protected by federal or state law.