Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
- Preparing patients for radiologic exams.
- Take x-rays ensuring patient care and safety.
- Using a variety of radiation protection and shielding materials.
- Ensuring equipment is in working order.
- Report equipment malfunctions to Radiology Supervisor.
- Responsible for sending x-rays for over-reads to the Radiologist as requested.
- Triage patients /Obtain vital signs
- Prepares and administers medications and treatments with knowledge of purpose and adverse effects of nursing care provided
- Administer IM, subcutaneous, and intradermal injections.
- Radiologic Technologists may not administer narcotic injections via oral, IV, or IM route
- IV therapy
- Perform EKGs
- DOT/school/sports physicals
- Autoclave instruments
- Maintain effective use of time when patient volume is low, such as, but not limited to, stocking rooms, shelving inventory, assisting in maintaining a clean work environment, assisting with laundry
- Maintains open lines of communication between nursing shifts, as well as other departments, supervisor, and physician
- Is aware of safety issues, accomplishing responsibilities in a safe manner, re-enforces good safety practices displayed by other staff members
- Works as a team member
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times
- Record daily fridge/freezer temperatures and room humidity
- Proper technique for collecting, handling, testing, and resulting in the chart: strep, flu, mono, RSV, UA, UPT, and blood glucose testing
- Proper use of the Abaxis for CMP
- Ability to appropriately perform and document Quality Control on the above mentioned tests
- Knowledge of protocol if QC fails
- Knowledge of critical values for glucose testing, CBC, and CMP
- Proper use of PPE at all times If certified as a lab assistant, will perform moderated complexity testing of hematology samples, proficiency testing, and daily quality control, and general maintenance of the hematology analyzer.
- Once certification is obtained, will be expected to: o Breath Alcohol Testing o Urine Drug Screens o Hair Follicle Drug Collection o Audiograms Pulmonary Function Tests
- Must possess and maintain current ARRT
- State license X-ray
Per Diem As Needed
EEO is The Law - visit following page for more information
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.