Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Alethix, LLC is seeking an experienced Management Consultant to provide program management and budget support to National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) National Weather Service (NWS). Competitive candidates will possess experience managing day-to-day project management and budget activities in a fast-paced environment. In addition to possessing relevant experience, ideal candidates will be detail-oriented, high energy, and comfortable managing work streams on an independent basis. Key activities that will be supported include project schedule development and analysis, monitoring and control of project execution, change, risk and scope management, stakeholder engagement, communications, reporting and budget execution support for enterprise-wide projects and programs. The job responsibilities include:
- Develop and manage budget spend plans with program leadership
- Strategic acquisition support
- Implementing accurate and repeatable program management processes
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope
- Strategic planning and milestone development
- Develop and manage project schedules based on high level milestones
- Support the PMO governance methodology and enforce project standards
- Provide support to the PMO in the areas of Scope/Integration Management, Schedule Management, Risk Management, Quality Management, and Stakeholder/Communications/Resource Management
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and archived appropriately
- Assist with documenting meeting notes, tracking meeting actions, and writing status reports
- Prepare agendas and minutes of senior level meetings or other documentation that captures decisions made
- Identify and exploit opportunities for business process improvement
- Ability to effectively interface with all project stakeholders; develop, review, and assess project estimates; and collect and analyze project performance data
- Knowledge of analytical tools and techniques used to effectively plan and communicate project status to executive level stakeholders
- Program Manager must be PMP certified demonstrated, in-depth knowledge consistent with PMBOK best practices as reflected/describe by Project Management Institute (PMI).
- Demonstrates writing and oral communication skills and demonstrates proven skills in programmatic areas addressed by the delivery order to be managed.
- Organizes, directs, and coordinates the planning and production of all activities associated with assigned delivery order projects
- Excellent analytical, teaming, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Positive attitude
- Self-starter, self-motivated, and detail oriented
- Ability to accomplish a task with little direction and guidance
- Seeks advice/assistance when needed
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to management
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff at all levels of the program with outstanding listening skills.
- Experience with MS Office Suite or Google Suite
- MS Project experience, including demonstrable knowledge of activity dependencies, critical path, lead/lag times, and status reporting
- Smartsheet experience a plus
- 2-4 years of experience in programmatic strategic portfolio management, 4+ years' experience in IT management
- PMP certified
- BS/BA degree (or equivalent)
- NOAA Public Trust (Active clearance preferred)
Alethix, LLC uses E-Verify to validate all new hires' ability to legally work in the United States. Alethix, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.