Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
The Behavior Technician provides Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) services within the home, school and/or clinic environment to children with autism and other developmental disabilities. The Behavior Technician is responsible for providing the specific ABA programs as written by the case supervisor. Behavior Technicians must have knowledge of ABA techniques and data collection; training will be provided.
1. A willingness to learn.
2. Demonstrated ability to interpret procedure manuals effectively to others (e.g. staff, family members and community providers).
3. Demonstrated ability to be resourceful and take the initiative where appropriate.
4. Demonstrated ability to work with minimal direction and supervision.
5. Prior experience using logical problem-solving techniques both independently and in collaboration with others to meet needs service delivery requirements.
6. Excellent verbal communication and organizational skills, with attention to detail and follow-through.
7. Demonstrated ability to create written documentation that is legible, clear, and concise.
8. Analytic skills with a proven commitment to accuracy and timeliness.
9. Clear understanding of the distinction between therapeutic and social relationships and demonstrated ability to maintain appropriate relationships.
10. Ability to maintain positive morale and unit cohesion as evidenced by maintaining a cooperative and flexible attitude toward coworkers, showing adaptability to change, exhibiting effective communication and interpersonal skills, and taking initiative to solve problems.
11. Ability to set priorities and reacts appropriately to emergency situations.
12. Associates Degree. One year of relevant work experience may be substituted for each year of required education.
13. Clean driving record and a current CA driver's license or ability to obtain CA driver's license within 10 days after hired.
14. Basic level computer proficiency.
15. Basic level of proficiency in MS Word.
1. Bachelors' Degree in related field (e.g. education, psychology, child development).
2. Successfully complete Registered Behavior Technician certification.
*****Click here for complete job description*****