Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek ---- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
CRISPR & Synthetic Biology Business Development Product Specialist, Genomics -- North America
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek ---- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com. The Diagnostic and Genomics Group (DGG) at Agilent is seeking an experienced, enthusiastic, self-motivated and people-oriented individual to join our successful and dynamic Americas Field Operations (AFO) team as an Genomics Product Specialist
As a CRISPR Business Development Product Specialist (BD-PS), you will be responsible for finding and qualifying new CRISPR/sgRNA and synthetic biology customers in the US + Canada. The position will report directly into the Associate VP of the Americas Field Organization for Genomics. As an integral member of the field sales team, you will use your excellent technical acumen and business development skills to focus on acquiring new customers in collaboration with the local sales teams and districts, as well as working with the divisional product managers. You will be expected to develop and implement successful strategies and tactics to sell these complex Genomics workflow solutions across the Research to Clinical Research continuum, and all markets applicable to CRISPR and synthetic biology applications. In collaboration with your regional Genomics team, you will build new relationships with KOL customers and provide feedback on future product development needs. As a secondary focus, you will be responsible for qualifying leads and opportunities for all product lines within Genomics. Location of Home Office can be anywhere in the US near a major city and airport.
* Driving business development and sales of high performance Genomics solutions including CRISPR and sgRNA, and OLS (oligo library synthesis) for CRISPR and synthetic biology applications
* Successfully prospect and vet new accounts and market spaces for alignment with these products and applications.
* Effectively manage a funnel of leads and opportunities in CRM and provide an accurate monthly sales forecast and territory narrative.
* Work collaboratively with product managers and division to drive new KOL adoption
* Develop and execute a strategic territory business plan that will enable Agilent to gain market share and achieve sales goals
* Conduct product presentations and product overviews with and without Field Applications Scientist (FAS) assistance.
* Provide constructive feedback from customers into Agilent to help guide continual development of products that more effectively address customers' needs.
* Understand other Genomics applications, including NGS, in Basic and Clinical Research, Molecular and Companion Diagnostics, Government/Non-Profit, and Biotech/Pharmaceutical market segments and recognize trends that impact buying of Agilent products.
* Develop and maintain strategic customer relationships.
* Participate and be an active member in regional discussion groups and forums.
This is a remote position
* BS, MS or PhD in a Life Science discipline- MS or PhD highly preferred
* Hands-on, laboratory experience with NGS and/or CRISPR
* 2 + years direct sales experience with a demonstrated track record of successfully selling Genomics reagent portfolios and capital equipment
* 2+ years business development experience with a demonstrated track record of hunting and evaluating new accounts, collaborations and market spaces.
* Industry/Application expertise. Working knowledge of competitive products (specifications, applications, value propositions)
* Previous experience working with customer purchasing teams to manage effective contract negotiations preferred
* Ability to interface at all levels within an organization for both internal/external customers
* Excellent presentation and communication skills (verbal and written)
* Highly motivated, with excellent self-management, organizational and prioritization skills
* Demonstrated track record of achieving quota
* Strong business development and sales closing skills
* Ability to collaborate and work within a team selling environment to achieve territory sales goals
* Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time (post COVID)
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please contact +1-262-754-5030 email email@example.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please see all of our notices for EEO below.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled