Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
57 BEDFORD STREET LEXINGTON, MA
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Schedules exams for multiple departments in the hospital computer system. Prioritizes appointments based on guidelines set by various areas.
2. Books surgical cardiology procedures; i.e., cardiac pacer and PCD implants, diagnostic catheterizations and TEE's, and corrective interventional procedures.
3. Acts as the hospital representative for pre-admission review in booking cardiac procedures and obtains pre-certification. Is aware of elective wait time for various insurance carriers and is responsible for meeting all pre certification requirements prior to actual procedure (standards updated by pre-admission review dept.).
4. Transcribes from Lanier hospital dictation system cardiology reports dictated by physicians. Accuracy and medical terminology required. Recognizes, interprets and evaluates inconsistencies, discrepancies and inaccuracies in medical dictation and appropriately edits, revises and clarifies them without altering the meaning of the dictation or changing the dictator's style. Recognizes and reports problems, errors and discrepancies in dictation and patient records to originator.
5. Operates designated word processing, dictation and transcription equipment as directed to complete assignments.
6. Books admissions and transfers and instructs patients. Coordinates doctor's orders, histories, physical examinations and laboratory work.
7. Performs the duties of physician office medical secretary for medical physician chief of cardiology including obtaining referral approvals and authorizations. Accepts medical reports. Approves prescription refills following pre set guidelines with the exception of narcotic refills that must be approved by physician. Books all tests and consults on office patients.
8. Provides office support under the direction of the office supervisor efficiently and accurately and according to unit/department standards.
9. Operates standard office equipment, such as telephone, copier, fax, computer, word processor, and transcription units.
10. Provides reception services for cardiology, vascular lab, nuclear medicine and MD office patients. Registers patients when unable to go to central registration.
11. Coordinates patient transport, prioritizes and triages messages, accepts clinical results, and reports results to others.
12. Maintains schedules and logs including complex schedule of cardiologist sub specialty and interpretation and performance of cardiovascular exams and procedures.
13. Types reports and letters and departmental correspondence; etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Associate's degree or equivalent in work experience and continuing education.
2. Knowledge of medical transcription guidelines and practices. Typing skills of 45 words per minute minimum, transcription, and word processing skills.
3. Knowledge of medical office procedure booking with general medical knowledge of the procedures booked to insure proper procedure is booked and all pre procedure medical and pre certification requirements met.
4. Knowledge of medical terminology and the various medical specialties as required in areas of responsibility, eg. cardiac, vascular, respiratory and nuclear medicine procedures, pharmacology; etc.
5. Ability to operate designated word processing, dictation and transcription equipment and computer software as specified.
6. Ability to understand diverse accents and dialects. Excellent hand, eye and auditory coordination.
7. Excellent written and oral communication skills, including English usage, grammar and punctuation.
8. Good interpersonal skills.
9. Organizational skills and ability to work under stress and with time constraints.
10. Ability to work independently.
Mount Auburn Hospital is a tobacco-free campus. We are an equal opportunity employer and we offer wonderful opportunities for advancement, so you re sure to find a position that suits your unique skills here.
We value equality and are committed to maintaining an environment in which employees, patients, and visitors are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, handicap, veteran s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.