Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Core responsibilities include:
* Create catalogs of the rules of the road and signs for relevant jurisdictions.
* Ensure that the catalog is well organized and contains appropriate features to ensure it's easy to use by others.
* Support cross functional teams by responding to questions about the rules of the road
* Write documents that describe expected behavior under certain rules
* Develop training materials with cross-functional teams
* Develop and implement tools for enhancing vehicle performance in the field
* Support software and hardware development by analyzing related data and writing reports.
* Enhance and manage robust, organized documentation for all the above.
* May include supporting the Communications, Public Policy, and Marketing teams in engaging with public officials and local communities.
Ideal candidate qualifications include:
* BS, MS or graduate degree in a technical field, such as traffic engineering, civil engineering, transportation engineering, mechanical engineering, aerospace, robotics, physics or related fields.
* Experience working as a traffic engineer, preferably in government. In-depth knowledge of the MUTCD and traffic engineering fundamentals.
* Knowledgeable of systems engineering principles and practices as they relate to requirements verification and validation.
* Data analysis skills (e.g. SQL, python) and data presentation skills (e.g. dashboard development).
* Problem-solving, investigation and project management skills.
* Experience implementing projects in a demanding, change-oriented environment requiring a high degree of deadline-driven productivity.
* Strong writing, collaboration and organizational skills.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.