Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that s served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a job. It s our passion.
The Patient Experience Program Manager is responsible for facilitating the rollout, adoption, and sustainability of our Patient Experience (PX) strategy across Parkland Health & Hospital System (PHHS). Working with our Clinical, Operations, Patient Relations, IT, Engagement, Safety, Support Services and other teams to develop best practices and content for ensuring our PX practices deliver real improvements to our patients' experience and related metrics. Drawing from experience in a clinical, population health or public health setting, this role will establish and audit best in class program standards and policies. Reporting to the VP & Chief Experience Officer, this role will also work with our Health Systems Research department to understand the data from patient relations encounters and patient experience feedback along with other facets of our business to drive increased engagement from our patients and their families. This role will also liaise with Parkland Academy in the curation and development of additional educational collateral in support of the Program.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing, or other clinical related degree required
- Master of Public Health preferred
-Three (3) or more years of healthcare program management experience required.
- Experience with an understanding of the Patient Experience cycle is required.
- Experience leading process improvement programs is strongly desired.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience
- May have an equivalent combination of education and/or experience in lieu of specific education and/or experience as stated above.
- Certification in Project Management, Lean Six Sigma, and/or Negotiation is desired.
Skills or Special Abilities
- Must be adept at project management, strategic planning and problem-solving skills.
- Must be adept at numerical and statistical analysis.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented.
- Must possess ability to use data analysis tools such as Excel, Visio, Microsoft Projects, etc.
- Must possess ability to influence all levels of the organization.
- Must possess ability to work collaboratively on teams.
- Must possess ability to travel and work at multiple locations upon the business needs.
- Must be able to interface with all levels of management.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective time management.
- Leverage understanding of patient experience data and metrics to align with the organizational mission and strategy.
- Suggest strategies to VP & Chief Experience Officer (CXO) to realize improvement opportunities and ensure organizational prioritization and resource alignment.
- Work with the CXO and leadership of assigned area to facilitate the development of the patient experience programs and content that support our patient engagement strategies.
- Identify internal and external best practices for patient experience and promote and disseminate these for the patient experience within PHHS.
- Educate teams on the meaning behind the metrics and champion the patient perspective. Help provide educational resources, benchmarking and data analytics on the patient experience.
- Collaborate with a variety of PHHS departments to ensure the delivery of patient-centered care.
- Support and leverage patient and family advisory councils to ensure the voice of the customer is represented in improvement efforts.
- Manage multiple projects through the full lifecycle, from beta, to pilot programs, and system-wide rollouts, in the creation of guidelines, key metrics, tracking and analysis of KPIs and supporting best practices; including but not limited to:
* Mapping patient and employee journeys to understand the status quo.
* Leading cross-functional meetings on Patient Experience with various functional areas to:
* Identify gaps leveraging data to prioritize intervention points.
* Liaise with multifunctional teams to implement interventions.
* Establish clear metrics to demonstrate effectiveness of interventions.
* Scaling up or fail fast, making an impact, improving our metrics, learning, or both.
- Provide functional and technical knowledge regarding overall program requirements and operations, as a resource.
- Document progress and report on a pre-established schedule.
1. Identifies ways to improve work processes and improve customer satisfaction. Makes recommendations to supervisor, implements, and monitors results as appropriate in support of the overall goals of the department and Parkland.
2. Stays abreast of the latest developments, advancements, and trends in the field by attending seminars/workshops, reading professional journals, actively participating in professional organizations, and/or maintaining certification or licensure. Integrates knowledge gained into current work practices.
3. Maintains knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws and guidelines that impact the area. Develops effective internal controls designed to promote adherence with applicable laws, accreditation agency requirements, and federal, state, and private health plans. Seeks advice and guidance as needed to ensure proper understanding.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.