Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
At Seyfarth, we understand that great people are the key to our success, and we provide the opportunities to match. If you join us, you ll work with state-of-the-art technology in a friendly and professional environment, and we will continue to invest in your professional development. If you want the freedom to grow at a firm that is invested in your future, keep reading.
As a Recruiting Coordinator you will be responsible for comprehensive administrative support within the recruitment department. You will interact with internal and external applicants in order to support the department goal of recruiting and onboarding new hires. This position actively supports candidate sourcing and screening, background screening and onboarding activities providing a customer focused and effective human resources support service to the firm to achieve the firm goals and objectives.
On any given day, you will be working with firm attorneys and colleagues across the firm on a variety of requests and projects. You will:
* Maintain the applicant tracking system. This includes opening and closing positions, scheduling interviews, updating candidate records, etc.
* Post positions on a variety of sites such as social media, associations, universities, veteran and disability organizations, etc.
* Obtain offer approvals from compensation team, make offers, and create offer letters
* Generate fee agreements and maintain relationships with search firms/external vendors
* Support onboarding activities for new hires, including background screenings, verification of new hire documents while ensuring a positive onboarding experience
* Update and maintain our internal staff recruiting site
* Prepare and update job descriptions
* Conduct outreach in compliance with OFCCP guidelines
* Assist with candidate sourcing and screening
* Perform other tasks and projects as needed
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent work experience
* Two to three years of experience in recruiting, preferably in a law firm or related service industry
* Strong interpersonal, analytical and business acumen skill; ability to multi-task, prioritize and maintain confidentiality
* Excellent written and verbal skills; ability to work independently, problem solve and identify opportunities for process improvement
* Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office required. Knowledge of Workday, viRecruit, or a similar applicant tracking system a plus
What We Provide:
Seyfarth provides competitive salary and benefits at all levels, and our culture embraces the entrepreneurial spirit of its professionals like no other firm. Our allied professionals are a collaborative team, helping to define the unique client experience offered by the firm. We understand that it takes more than attorneys to build a successful legal practice; everyone participates in our commitment to excellence.
We are also proud to be an influential leader in inclusion and diversity. The firm has been recognized for our efforts by the Human Rights Campaign and the Minority Corporate Counsel Association. We are Mansfield 2.0 certified, a reflection of our ongoing commitment to advancing candidates from underrepresented groups.
More About Seyfarth: With more than 900 lawyers across 16 offices, Seyfarth Shaw LLP provides advisory, litigation, and transactional legal services to clients worldwide. Learn more about The Seyfarth Experience at www.seyfarth.com/careers/
This position will be in Chicago, Illinois 60606
Seyfarth Shaw is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. To achieve our goal of equal opportunity, Seyfarth Shaw maintains an affirmative action plan through which it makes good faith efforts to recruit, hire and advance in employment qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster.