Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
STG International (STGi) is currently seeking a Licensed practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse to provide services at our Community Based Outpatient Clinic. The general duty of the Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse is to provide a wide variety of clinical and administrative nursing care under the direction of the CBOC Clinic Manager, PACT Provider and STGi Program Manager.
* Demonstrate basic knowledge of Pharmacology and medication administration techniques per facility protocols, and state regulations, as prescribe by PACT Provider.
* Work with the PACT team to check-in/check-out patients.
* Participate in all staff meeting and PACT huddles.
* Observe patients and report adverse reactions to medications, treatment or physical/mental condition.
* Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and assist during respiratory and cardiac arrest procedures.
* Perform a range of nursing procedures, including dressing changes, suture removal, oxygen administration, wound irrigation, catheterization, injection administration and venipunctures.
* Prepare patients for laboratory procedures and examinations by providing information and instructions, while assisting the Primary Care Provider and RN Care Manager upon request.
* Set up and operate therapeutic and emergency equipment, including monitor, EKG, oxygen, automatic electronic defibrillator (AED), and portable suction.
* Maintain universal precautions and infection control practices.
* Assist support staff as needed.
* Document all pertinent patient information in their medical records and VISTA to demonstrate quality care delivery and promote continuity of care.
* Assist in maintaining the VISTA (Veteran Health Information Systems and Technology Architecture) clinic reminder tracking system current for each enrolled patient.
* Document all pertinent information and completes the VISTA Clinical Reminder Program as outlined by the site-specific VAMC for compliance of the Directors Performance Measures.
* Assist in scheduling patients for initial and follow up appointments in accordance to the VA access standards and the patient's medical necessity.
* Assure patients' are informed regarding their plan of care, including lab and diagnostic test results as needed.
Provide health educational, materials and resources to patients and their families for informational purposes.
* Participate in the ongoing Performance Improvement Program between HNFS, its Subcontractor(s), and the VAMC.
* Assist in ensuring that all required reports are completed in an accurate and complete fashion.
* Assist the CBOC Clinic Manager (either PA/NP or RN Care Manager) in maintaining the clinic compliant with all federal, state, local, JCAHO, OSHA, Veteran Affairs, STG VA Program and Subcontractor safety and operational regulations, directives and standards.
* Assist the RN Care Manager in ensuring all patient information on access/wait time documentation is complete and accurate.
* Maintain confidentiality of all information and support patients' privacy, rights, and safety.
* Applies the basic concepts of customer service techniques, cultural diversity and age-specific characteristics.
* Document patient reminders, clinical reminders, clinical interaction and closes encounters, answering questions, and perform other duties as needed to ensure a beneficial visit, online activity and/ or training and support of the PACT team.
* Make follow up visits.
* Provide general clerical/administrative support coordination work for the unit.
* Perform other work related duties as assigned...
As an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, STGi is committed to providing equal employment in the employment and advancement for all persons regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as protected veterans and persons with disabilities at all levels of employment, including the executive level.
For more details, please visit : http://www.stginternational.com/stg2/pages/Careers.asp.