Posted in Other 29 days ago.
Type: Full Time
GF Machining Solutions is one of three divisions of GF, headquartered in Biel/Bienne (Switzerland). GF Machining Solutions is one of the world's leading providers of complete solutions to the tool and mold making industry and to manufacturers of precision components. The divsion is present in more than 50 countries with its own sales companies. The key customer segments are the aerospace, the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) as well as the electronic, medical, and automotive industries.
Field Service Engineer - EDM
remote - East Coast
- Perform the installation and service of machines and associated products and equipment.
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance tasks of a high degree of complexity with minimum technical assistance as per the technical documentation.
- Analyze and resolve application problems of limited complexity.
- Resolve machining problems appearing on parts by analyzing the regular test cuts as per technical documentation.
- Resolve problems by analyzing the result of test cuts especially prepared for this purpose.
- Provide assistance or oversee the installation of equipment or a machine of a less experienced Field Service Engineer.
- Assist a more experience Field Service Engineer when performing an on-site audit of a machine or related equipment.
- Troubleshoot service and repair on equipment and machines where no previous training has been received.
- Conduct training for both team members and customers on the safe operations and preventative maintenance of the machines and related equipment.
- Provides a communication link between the customer and the company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer.
- Accurately complete all reports in a timely manner as per the service department procedures.
- Adhere to the Service Department Code of Conduct Guidelines.
- Maintain regular contact with the Customer Support Center (CSC) and Regional Service Manager (RSM) as needed to perform job duties.
- Complete additional tasks as requested by the Regional Service Manager or Director of Customer Services.
- Experience operating, maintaining, or repairing 5-axis milling machines.
- Associates Degree in mechanical and/or electrical engineering from a University or Technical College; 3-6 years experience in a similar manufacturing or machine tool company; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with the use of test equipment and EDM Machines.
- Desirable experience in Wire EMD and CNC Die Sinker EDM, CNC, EDM Generators, axis drives, hydraulics, and pneumatics.
- Comprehensive experience working with pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical, mechanical, and computer systems.
- Experience interpreting blueprints and schematics.
- Experience with the use of test equipment and in-depth knowledge of milling machines and related products and equipment.
- Computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Knowledge and experience with Great Plains or similar software program.
- Professional demeanor with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- A strong commitment to providing excellent customer service.
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel when necessary.
- The employee must on occasion lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. This position may require the Applications Engineer to work irregular hours and spend up to 50% of the time traveling to customer and company locations either domestically or internationally.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- GF offers comprehensive packages with elements that support proactive health management, generous savings plans and other benefits above typical market offerings.
- Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
- remote: East Coast