Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Granite City Electric Supply is the area's premiere electrical distributor serving electrical contractors as well as residential, commercial and industrial customers for over 90 years. With branches covering Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Vermont and Connecticut, we are the largest regional independent electrical supply company and the official distributor of electrical supplies to the Boston Red Sox.
We are seeking a self-motivated and articulate customer focused inside sales professional having the desire to grow their career with the largest independent electrical distributor in New England. The Inside Salesperson is often the first impression and introduction to the customer experiences with the ultimate goal to create lasting customer relationships. Preference will be given to those who have knowledge of electrical applications and layout, Square D products, Eclipse software and EPEC Certification
- Work with account base to grow incrementally as well as develop new accounts.
- Develop and execute a plan for growth with the Branch Manager. Highly articulate and influential manner, demonstrating excellent sales and service skills.
- Monitor and confer with counter contractor sales, outside sales and management concerning orders, customer status, history, changes, potential, quotations, strategies, and other related pertinent sales information.
- Receive and process in a timely fashion all customer inquiries, purchase orders, back orders, credits, return authorizations, price increases, and other sales related functions.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date filing system concerning all customer related information (special order entry procedures, quotations, special pricing, purchase orders, etc) vendor pricing and catalog information, and other functions related to sales.
- Maximize sales and profitability by knowing the marketplace and competition, negotiating the lowest possible cost from vendors, and extracting the highest possible competitive selling price.
- Actively participate in all job related training classes, informational seminars, business meetings, etc. that will enhance GCE's position in the market.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma, some college or vocational school experience.
- Previous sales experience required.
- Previous Electrical Distribution experience preferred.
- Business, construction or electrical industry exposure.
- Embrace GCE core values; Pride, Accountability, Integrity, and Respect.
- Knowledge of electrical products.
- Effective negotiation and selling techniques, such as ability to cross/up sell.
- Strong customer service skills essential.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good math and computer skills; experience with Eclipse software a plus
- Able to adapt quickly to changes.
- Able to handle pressure and multiple tasks.
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs.
- Proven track record for dependability (arriving to work on time and taking breaks in expected time frames)
- Adaptability / flexibility / willing to change & adjust with business conditions.
- Team player.
- Works with a sense of urgency.
- Hourly Rate: depending on experience, plus commission
- Excellent employee benefits including, medical, dental, vision, life, STD/LTD, 401k, vacation, holiday, sick time and more!
Granite City offers competitive wages and great benefits including, medical, dental, vision, life, STD/LTD, 401k, vacation, holiday, sick and more! Join our team and work among the best in the industry!
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
Granite City Electric uses E-Verify.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).