Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Requisition ID :72401
It's an exciting time to be part of IFF's Fragrance Quality Control Team, In this position, you will be supporting the Fragrance operation team which provides fragrance compounding products for the external market . As a QC Sensory Evaluator you will contribute to the team's success via: Addressing quality related issues brought to by production, sample lab, inventory, planning, our own QC team, sales and creative centers etc. Working with production, inventory, planning to reduce our DNU stock and turn them into sellable products, to support our QC colleagues: Odor evaluation and trouble shootings. Will be responsible for day-to-day operation in the approval process for incoming raw materials and finished products manufactured in production plant and samples laboratory.
To be successful in this role, you must have minimum of 3 years of experience in a sensory evaluation position , preferably in a fragrance, Flavors or aroma chemical industry. A Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Biology, Science or a similar degree is preferred. You will need to demonstrate attention to detail, customer focus, excellent communication and problem solving skills.
You will spend your time...
- Performing all common (routine and non-routine) sensory evaluation for raw materials and finished goods, contribute in the resolution of complaints and production problems respectively ( Troubleshooting ). projects to be supported so that the quality is guaranteed.
- Analyzing samples for quality control in accordance with regulations and analysis serving complaints according wishes of the client, interpret and assess analysis results, identifying anomalies, discussing deficits, with relevant department and / or customers ( Internal and External ).
- Contributing to ensuring the maintenance of target ( Kardex ), cleaning of the laboratory in order to promote the work and safety: perform measurements and tuning respectively. calibration of the equipment installed; evaluating test results; identifying anomalies; adjustments.
- Working with compounders on try in process for formulas that require special manufacturing instructions ( Coloring process for PF solutions, color and sensory adjustment for oil fragrances ).
- Supporting the analytical team in the daily tasks: Load samples to run Gas Chromatography test, Density, refractive Index and Hunter color.
- Interacting with Global IFF teams for project execution in new Quality initiatives ( Global, Regional or local ).
- Bachelor's degree (Chemistry, Biology, Science or a similar degree is preferred).
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to maintain composure in stressful situations.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively solve problems
- Proficient in Microsoft office products, with advanced skills in Excel
- Working knowledge of SAP /MRP system.
- Strong sensory skills required, past experience in the sensory evaluation of raw materials and finished products.
We are IFF. We are the catalyst for discoveries that spark the senses and transform the everyday. International Flavors & Fragrances Inc. is a leading innovator of sensorial experiences that move the world. At the heart of our company, we are fueled by a sense of discovery, constantly asking \\"what if?\\" That passion for exploration drives us to co-create unique scents and tastes in fine fragrances and beauty, detergents and household goods, as well as beloved foods and beverages.
Visit us at www.iff.com to learn more about how we're using Uncommon Sense to challenge expected, champion creators, and do more good for people and planet.
Nearest Major Market: New Jersey
It is IFF's policy to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws and to provide equal employment opportunity to Company employees and applicants for employment, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital or civil union status, pregnancy, ancestry, citizenship, age, military or veteran status, protected disability, genetic characteristics, HIV status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of the Company's employment practices, including but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, transfers, promotions, compensation and terminations. Any employee requiring an accommodation of a protected disability should notify management or his or her Human Resources Representative. Employees with questions or concerns about discrimination in the workplace are encouraged to bring these issues to the attention of his or her Human Resources Representative or any other member of management. Appropriate disciplinary action up to and including termination may be taken against any employee who violates this policy.