Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Company / Location Information
A. O. Smith Corporation, founded in 1874, is a $3 billion publicly-traded global water technology leader (NYSE: AOS) with over 15,000 employees globally. We are one of the world's leading manufacturers and best-known brands of residential and commercial water heaters and boilers, as well as a global leader in the manufacturing of water treatment systems for household and light commercial applications. Our Johnson City location in Eastern Tennessee is home to approximately 1000 employees on our Manufacturing and Engineering teams for Residential Water Heaters, a product category in which we have #1 market share - nearly 40% of homes with a water heater have an A. O. Smith brand.
The Production Worker is responsible for performing tasks involved in the production of Water Heaters in a safe and efficient manner. Operates, tends, stops, and cleans machines; assembles finished product; inspects work performed to ensure highest quality finished product.
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Start up, operation and shutdown of equipment.
- Load and unload items from machines, carts, and dollies.
- Feed or place items onto equipment for processing.
- Complete assembly of components while inspecting components for fit, form and function per defined procedures.
- Use a variety of hand tools.
- Ensure conformance to specifications.
- Interpret, monitor and record production data.
- Learn multiple tasks related to the assigned production area.
- Maintain and clean and safe production area.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- 6+ months of work experience in a manufacturing environment
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Measurement/mathematical skills
- Basic computer knowledge and ability to use electronic information.
- Ability to work independently or on a team
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve.
Great people make our organization great and because of that, we offer a competitive base salary and comprehensive benefits plans which include medical and dental insurance, company-sponsored life insurance, retirement security savings plan, short- and long-term disability programs and tuition assistance.
A. O. Smith values employee excellence. In our employment practices, we will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, or other legally protected status. We operate in a global environment and will strive to create a workplace where men and women from diverse backgrounds can thrive and achieve their fullest potential.