Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Gensler's Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion will be committed to taking action that will support our firm's robust blueprint of Strategies To Fight Racism.
Strategies to Fight Racism:
1. We will increase racial diversity within Gensler by recruiting and hiring more Black professionals and supporting the Black professionals in our firm to achieve and exceed their full potential.
2. We will pursue equitable design solutions in our cities and communities to create positive experiences for Black communities.
3. We will create education opportunities for Black students by expanding our scholarship program and mentoring middle and high schoolers in our communities.
4. We will create job opportunities in the architecture and design industry for Black professionals and serve as an active partner with the National Organization of Minority Architects (NOMA) and the ACE Mentorship Program.
5. We will partner with our clients on diversity and inclusion initiatives in order to integrate and amplify efforts across our networks.
Your role within our newly created position, will be to champion, manage and measure Gensler's diversity initiatives. Through collaborative design and implementation of programs and practices you will effectively increase and sustain diversity within our firm. As an Ambassador of our culture, you will influence recruitment; training; talent management, development, and retention; employee engagement and community involvement.
What You Will Do
- Work with Co-CEOs in managing and implementing Gensler's Strategies To Fight Racism.
- Provide Program Management oversight of broad initiatives and activities across the firm which are focused on growing the diverse communities within Gensler with particular focus on the Black community.
- Work with the Global Race and Diversity Committee Co-Chairs to create alignment, track progress and effectiveness of the efforts.
- Work with the RMPs and Regional diversity teams to coordinate activities across the firm. Integrate and align efforts to share best practices and avoid re-inventing the wheel.
- Act as a spokesperson internally across the firm to articulate actions, progress, metrics, goals and specific positive achievements.
- Act as a spokesperson externally to speak about Gensler's strategies, goals, specific actions and strong stance against racism.
- Work with the Gensler Board of Directors as an advisor to the Anti-Racism Committee.
- Work with the Organization and Talent Development leaders to support training and developing knowledge and capabilities to support a diverse community and culture. Develop and roll-out cultural change management to ignite greater diversity.
- Work with the Research Institute to support the Center for Research on Equity and the Built Environment.
- Work with the Legal team to assess and deal with issues of discrimination and racism.
- Work with the HR leadership to monitor metrics and develop dashboards and critical analytics.
- Work with HR to develop strategies to attract and retain diverse talent.
- Develop blogs, articles and other POV materials to create the voice of our firm regarding DEI.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 10-15 years of relevant experience with deep expertise in diversity initiatives and best practices
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in relevant topics including Business/HR, Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology, Urban Issues and Planning, Architecture, Government, International Studies
- Excellent communication skills
- Collaborative interpersonal skills
- High emotional intelligence
- Ability to influence and manage change
Life at Gensler
Gensler is committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. We continue to create a just and equitable future for our colleagues and our communities by standing against racism. We are a solid voice for social change as we impact people's lives and fight racism. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace environment.
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions and hackathons, to Well-being Week, our offices reflect our teams' diverse interests.
We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm's commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
Gensler is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of any status protected under federal, state, or local law. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability you may contact us .