Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
WHO ARE WE?
K12 Produces Results
Get to know CAVA!
California Virtual Academy
Behind the scenes
A Day in the life
K12 believes in education for everyone. We provide families an online option for a high-quality, personalized education experience. Students can thrive, find their passion, and learn in an environment that encourages discovery at their own pace. In support of this, we are committed to creating and maintaining a culture of inclusion and diversity where our employees are passionate about serving students and families, treat one another and customers with respect, challenge each other to innovate and always strive to do better.
Passionate Educators are needed at the K12 partner school, California Virtual Academy. We want you to be a part of our talented team!
The mission of California Virtual Academy is to provide an exemplary individualized and engaging educational experience for students by incorporating school and community/family partnerships coupled with a rigorous curriculum along with a data-driven and student-centered instructional model. Student success will be measured by valid and reliable assessment data, parent and student satisfaction, and continued institutional growth within the academic community. Join us!
Summary: The Special Education Administrative Assistant performs general administrative duties and provides general support to the Special Education office.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Creates, sorts, and stores digital and paper files for incoming Special Education records;
- Organizes student record keeping for all Individualized Education Programs (IEP);
- Responds to inquiries from students, families and others either by answering them personally or directing them to the appropriate personnel/resource;
- Receives and routes incoming calls to the school generally;
- Monitors and processes incoming mail, forwarding and filing appropriately;
- Processes internal and external requests for special education documents in adherence with 5 day timeline;
- Requests and follows-up on district of residence IEP's and special education documents for enrolling students;
- Enters general information into school database;
- Processes and monitor outgoing special education documents; Enters tracking and follow up into database;
- Maintains organization of records in web based IEP forms.
This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Associate's degree AND
- One (1) year of experience OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates and Licenses: None required.
Other Required Qualifications:
- Great customer service, organizational and time management skills
- Working knowledge of digital phone systems (PBX or others)
- Experience using Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel
- Experience using search engines (Internet) for research projects
- Experience using a student information system and/or other type of database
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to clear required background check
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is an office-based position. The noise level in the office is usually moderate (computers, printers, light foot traffic).
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is 'at-will' as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the 'at-will' nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).