Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Manufacturing Technician Level 4 (Utilities Emphasis)
Lead Engineer, Facilities and Utilities
ACCOUNTABLE FOR PREVENTIVE, PREDICTIVE AND BREAKDOWNS OF SYSTEMS AND PLANT ASSETS IN AN EFFICIENT MANNER TO IMPROVE RELIABILITY. RESPONSIBLE FOR OPERATING AND MONITORING SITE AMMONIA REFRIGERATION SYSTEM ALONG WITH OTHER RELATED AND UNRELATED EQUIPMENT SUCH AS HVAC, COMPRESSED AIR SYSTEM, WASTEWATER, STEAM GENERATION, STEAM CYCLES, COMBUSTION SYSTEMS, LIFE SAFETY SYSTEMS, AND FACILITY MAINTENANCE.
* Understands and supports company and site safety policies and performs work related activities in a safe manner. Recognizes unsafe work conditions, coaches peers, and suggests new safety standards as appropriate.
* Monitors and troubleshoots the ammonia refrigeration system and responds accordingly. Understands, follows, and improves Process Safety Management (PSM) documentation.
* Operates and maintains combustion equipment.
* Operates and maintains compressed air system.
* Operates and maintains multiple water streams and waste- water treatment facility.
* Operates and maintains HVAC equipment, including but not limited to: filter and belt changes, equipment cleaning and performing PM's.
* Maintains facility, including but not limited to: general office repair, roof leak repair, and lighting replacements.
* Documents inspection rounds, maintains running work log.
* Utilizes drawings, prints, and instruction manuals to determine proper steps to be taken for equipment preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs.
* Active participation in training and qualification programs for designated line/area; participate in assessments, ensure effective training, and maintain consistent qualification standards.
* Uses continuous improvement tools, including breakdown elimination and focused improvement, to eliminate losses and drive issues to root cause; documents, communicates, and implements corrective and preventative actions.
* Serves as an owner of one or more technical, safety, or quality systems; responsible for building technician skills and providing ongoing coaching.
* Creates documentation for system owner (SOPs, Job Aids, PM Improvements, etc.).
* Increases skills and knowledge by attending technical training sessions, participating in vendor visits and scheduled maintenance activities.
* Uses a computer to input and maintain accurate records and data; can utilize e-mail and online training resources.
* Maintains accurate electronic database of repair and maintenance activities, including parts usage and time tracking.
* Facilitates effective shift pass-downs with the prior/next shift to discuss safety, quality and production issues.
* Work with engineering and operations teams to ensure compliance and adherence to applicable codes pertaining to ammonia/refrigeration, HVAC, utility, wastewater, equipment, systems.
* Maintains productive work time, considers cost, is consistently at work and on time, performs work at an acceptable level of performance.
* Other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma or equivalent is required
* Technical degree or training is preferred
Experience: Must meet:
* Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience with HVAC, combustion and refrigeration systems preferred.
* MINIMUM OF 5 YEARS MECHANICAL, MAINTENANCE, FACILITIES EXPERIENCE IN A MANUFACTURING ENVIRONMENT IS REQUIRED.
* Previous food manufacturing experience in a similar role is preferred.
* Regulatory compliance experience is preferred
* E & I skills & experience in a similar environment is preferred.
* Able to work 12-hour rotating shifts and overtime as needed or any flex schedule
* Willing to travel for initial training
* Able to read, understand, and follow documents such as safety policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and general instructions, P&ID.
* Working knowledge of utility plant controls and instrumentation
* Able to understand and carry out both verbal and written instructions
* Good communication skills, including the ability to give and receive feedback
* Able to provide leadership and prioritization in designated equipment area
* Able to set and meet goals
* Able to prioritize and manage workload in a changing environment
* Able to work both independently and on a team
* Able to make data driven decisions and engage others as appropriate
* Works well with support personnel to maintain high standards for safety, quality, and reliability and drive improvements
* Basic computer skills including email and Microsoft Office
* Able to learn company specific computer systems, including maintenance enterprise system
* Must adhere to company policies and procedures including but not limited to: attendance, performance management, time off work etc.
* Able to perform the key responsibilities outlined above in accordance with safety standards and practices
* Physical requirements of the job include the ability to:
* Lift and carry up to 50 pounds
* Stand, sit, walk, enter confined spaces, push, pull, kneel, squat, and climb
* Perform repetitive actions, reach, and feel
* Exposure to heights
* Exposure to bright light, extreme temperatures, loud noise, dust, gas, chemicals, external environment.
* Wear Level A suite (SCBA) - Willing to be clean shaven and medically cleared for respirator use.
The J. M. Smucker Company (the Company ) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No person will be discriminated against in hiring or in any other aspect of their employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran/military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.