Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Position: Principal Consultant Professional Services
Location: Washington DC
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
The Deployment team at Zscaler helps customers properly deploy their Zscaler solution. A Professional Services Consultant at Zscaler is a senior technical individual contributor, traveling to customer sites to assist in proper design and deployment.
In this role, you will be a key field resource, working hand-in-hand with the deployment team, partners and customers, to provide deployment advisory services to ensure proper design, configuration, resiliency, and overall best practices are followed.
* Provide deployment advisory services including best practice design, recommendations, and configurations
* Travel to customer locations to assist customers in short-term professional service engagements
* Assist deployment customers with testing or troubleshooting. Escalate to support as required
* Reproduce customer issues to verify problems and document steps to replicate for Support, Engineering and Operations teams
* Become a Zscaler cloud services expert through self study, company training, and a desire to excel
* ~ 75-100% travel per month
* Other duties or projects, as assigned
* 8+ years of prior work experience in similar positions (e.g. Solutions Architect, Systems Engineer, Technical Marketing Engineer, or a Support Engineer).
* Minimum Education: Technical bachelor s degree and/or equivalent work experience.
* Deep understanding of networking or security in Enterprise environments.
* Able to learn and support cutting-edge technologies while context-switching.
* Strong understanding of how to navigate technical and architectural discussions.
* Comfortable talking about technical topics/issues with business people and business topics/issues with technical people; Able to express complex concepts in plain language to reach broader audiences.
* Excellent communication and follow-up skills across internal and external organizations.
* Ability to travel to partner sites, conferences, and other related events as required.
* Professional experience architecting and operating solutions built on (in order of preference): Azure, AWS, and GCP
* Experience with Hypervisors (in order of preference): VMware, Hyper-V, and KVM.
* Industry certifications such as CCIE, JNCIE, CISSP or CCSP preferred.
* Working knowledge of authentication systems such as LDAP and MS Active Directory
* Familiarity with IPSEC, GRE, HTTP/HTTPS, DNS protocols
* Familiarity with Proxy and SSL
* Familiarity with IIS Web Server administration
* Versatile with using various operating systems including Windows, Mac, and GNU/Linux
* Hands-on knowledge with network troubleshooting using tools such as Wireshark, tcpdump, Traceroute, and MTR
* US Citizenship required
What You Can Expect From Us:
* An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
* A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
* Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
* The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry* Do you want to work on disruptive technology* Do you thrive in a fluid work environment* Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement* If you said yes, we d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.