Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
PRN Coding Consultant Inpatient 2
US-Remote | US-GA-Atlanta | US-FL-Miami | US-OH-Columbus | US-AR-Little Rock | US-MO-Kansas City | US-NJ-Newark | US-MI-Detroit
# of Openings
Category (Portal Searching)
HIM / Coding
Assigns diagnostic and procedural codes to patient records using ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM, and ICD-10-PCS codes.
A Coding Consultant, Inpatient - Level 3 codes complex cases for all lengths of stays and as needed, audits the work of Level 1 and Level 2 Coding Consultants.
Part-Time/PRN: Flexible Schedule (16-20 hours per week)
- Full Benefits:401k Savings Plan & 20-24 Free CEUs per year
- Location: This role will be performed at one location (Remote/WFH)
- Reviews medical records and assigns accurate codes for diagnoses and procedures.
- Assigns and sequences codes accurately based on medical record documentation.
- Assigns the appropriate discharge disposition to medical records.
- Abstracts and enters the coded data for hospital statistical and reporting requirements.
- Audits the work of Level 1 & 2 Coders, if applicable.
- Communicates documentation improvement opportunities and coding issues to appropriate personnel for follow up and resolution.
- Maintains 95% coding accuracy rate and 95% accuracy rate for MS-DRG assignment and maintains site designated productivity standards.
- Maintains minimum production of 1 charts per hour or site specific productivity standards.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Communicates professionally with co-workers, management, and hospital staff regarding clinical and reimbursement issues.
ADDITIONAL JOB COMPONENTS:
- Typically works remotely, accessing work related tasks via VPN access.
- Reports to work as scheduled.
- Willing and able to travel when necessary, if applicable.
- Complies with all Company and HIM Division policies and procedures.
- Responsible for tracking continuing education credits to maintain professional credentials.
- Attends mandatory sponsored in-service and/or education meetings as required.
- Adheres to the American Health Information Management Association's code of ethics.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate or Bachelor' degree from AHIMA certified HIM Program or Nursing Program or completion of certificate program with CCS preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language.
- A minimum of 1-5 years of coding experience in a hospital and/or coding consulting role.
- Experience in computerized encoding and abstracting software.
- Required to take and pass annual Introductory HIPAA examination and other assigned testing to be given
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.
Ciox provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to as race, color, national origin, genetic information, religion or religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, ancestry, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic as protected by state or federal law. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, leaves of absence, and training.