Posted in Other 28 days ago.
Type: Part Time
DEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION: The Department of Anesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Medicine at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an international leader in the advancement of anesthesiology focused on state-of-the-art clinical care, innovative research and exceptional anesthesia education.
JOB LOCATION: Boston, MA
REQ ID: 36442BR
JOB SUMMARY: Performs a variety of duties related to the use and maintenance of anesthesia equipment and supplies.
* Assembles, tests, disassembles and cleans anesthesia equipment used during surgical procedures. Ensures there are no leaks and/or broken parts. Replaces soiled parts.
* Stocks anesthesia drug and supply carts. This includes workrooms, tanks room, pump room, and other areas.
* Receives sterile items from the Central Processing Department and store as appropriate.
* Reports any problems to the Lead Anesthesia Technician or Supervisor, Anesthesia Technical Services.
* May be present during a surgical procedure or remain on call outside the room to obtain equipment and supplies.
* High School diploma or GED required .
* 0-1 years related work experience required.
* Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS:Ability to read, and write in English in order to understand basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively with patients, families and other medical center staff; and respond to basic questions.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS:Ability to understand spoken English in order to follow basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively in basic English with patients, families and medical center staff in response to routine questions.
* KNOWLEDGE:Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
* TEAM WORK:Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE:Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth by the U.S. Department of Labor.