Posted in Other 29 days ago.
Type: Full Time
At Luxor, we create an innovative and forward thinking culture that our employees love, and our products reflect this. As a manufacturer of innovative workspace product solutions that are sold to the commercial, educational, industrial and other end markets, we are constantly developing functional products that are value priced. Under our Stand Up Desk Store brand, we create workspace furniture solutions that nurture a healthy and collaborative work environment.
The warehouse Shipping Clerk is responsible for preparing and processing shipments for various streams within the warehouse operation. This will include but not limited to; checking orders for accuracy, keying product and shipping information into the order entry program, auditing picking accuracy, answering phones, interaction with internal and external customers to help meet departmental goals. This position will require extensive standing and stooping.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND Responsibilities:
* Audit the picking and packing of outbound orders
* Receipt of inbound materials
* Customer order fulfillment
* Data entry
* Maintain data for on time performance, quality and key performance indicators
* Cycle counting inventory
* Operating warehouse machinery including fork-trucks, pallet jacks and wrapping machines
* Follow standardized procedures involving safety, shipping, picking, packing, special labeling
* Participate in general warehouse cleaning, organization and safety programs
* Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned
* Overtime required when necessary to meet warehouse operational goals
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
* Good communication skills, both oral and written
* Forklift operating certification
* Experience moving freight, stock or other materials to and from storage areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles or containers by hand, forklift or other equipment
* Ability to read work orders and standard work documents; receive oral instructions to determine work assignments, material, or equipment needs
* Experience working in a continuous improvement/LEAN environment
* High volume data entry experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Work History Requirements:
* 1 - 2 years' previous shipping experience
* Education Requirements:
* High School Diploma Required/GED
Computer equipment and level of software requirements:
* Intermediate experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
* Experience with ERP and shipping software
Specific Knowledge, licenses, certifications REQUIRED:
* Forklift safety certification
* Able to lift 50 pounds
* Ability to stand for long periods of time during a standard eight-hour work shift
PHYSICAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.