Posted in Other 29 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Under the direction of the Outpatient Radiology Manager, and the Director of Outpatient Radiology, this position is accountable for coordination of all aspects of the Breast Cancer Best Practices Program. The goals of this program are to improve the care experience of the breast cancer patient and their family, facilitate the work of the physicians and meet the needs of the hospital s community in relation to breast cancer education, screening and prevention.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
This position is responsible for the participation in the Breast Cancer Best Practices Program. In collaboration with the Medical Director, referring physicians and interdisciplinary team(s), this individual participates in multidisciplinary Breast cancer conferences and subsequent specialty consultations and provides care as needed for patients and their families utilizing resources efficiently and effectively. The coordinator assists in the development and performance of specialty service educational activities, program evaluation, program marketing and outcomes research. This position assists in meeting the needs of the hospital s community in relation to cancer education, screening and prevention. This position is responsible for scheduling biopsy orders, including review of prior mammograms, coordinating with Authorizations and coordinating Radiological protocol when needed. This incumbent will be responsible for all biopsy tracking, including benign biopsy follow-up and coordination. Most important, this position improves the care experience of the breast cancer patient and their family. Other duties as requested are required.
The incumbent must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care based on physical, motor/sensory, psychosocial, and safety needs appropriate to the adult and geriatric patient population served and meets standards of quality as measured by the department age specific competency standards.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Models behavior consistent with the Renown Health Standards of Conduct.
* Effective written and verbal communication skills, including significant word processing and spreadsheet computer skills.
* Demonstrates superior organizational skills and ability to demonstrate unflagging attention to details.
* Highly flexible and demonstrates ability to appropriately prioritize work.
* Maturity, self confidence and interpersonal skills necessary to lead and coordinate a multidisciplinary team and relate effectively with patients and families from a variety of backgrounds with varied emotional and medical needs.
* Effective negotiator with excellent diplomatic skills.
* Strong customer service ethic.
* Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on physical, motor/sensory, psychosocial and safety appropriate to the age of the patients served.
This position does provide patient care.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English. Bachelor s Degree in a health related field required.
5 years in breast health, radiological setting, or oncology setting required. Experience in community health preferred. Management and/or program development experience preferred.
Valid State of Nevada Driver's license and ability to pass Renown Health's Department of Motor Vehicle Report criteria.
Current BLS certification by AHA standards.
Computer / Typing:
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word and have the ability to use the computer to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc..