Posted in Other 29 days ago.
Type: Full Time
*Payroll Title: Clinical Nursing SHS Manager 1
*Job Code: 0570
*Job Open Date: 10/28/20
Primary Consideration Date for Open Until Filled: 11/12/2020
*Department Code-Name: Student Health
*Percentage of Time: 100%
*Collective Bargaining Unit (CBU): 99 Non-Represented (PPSM)
*Grade Type/Grade: MSP/26
*FLSA Exemption Status: Exempt
*Work Location: Student Health
*Pay Rate/Range: Salary is commensurate with experience.
*Days/Hours: Mon.-Fri./8am-5pm (may include some evenings and weekends)
DEPARTMENT MARKETING STATEMENT
Student Health is a full service on campus primary healthcare facility for UCSB students. We see students on both an appointment and walk in basis. Our auxiliary services included on-site laboratory, pharmacy, x-ray, lab, physical therapy, eye care, and dental care centers. Our specialty services include psychiatry and orthopedics. An extensive alcohol and drug program complements other behavioral health services.
BRIEF SUMMARY OF JOB DUTIES
Under the general direction of the Medical Director, is responsible for a variety of high level administrative duties such as being the liaison between the nursing staff and management; supervising the RN, LVN, and MA staff and ensuring compliance with all legal requirements of practice; overseeing accreditation standards. In addition to providing direct patient care, the Nursing Manager serves as a resource for the clinical staff. #LI-KA1
Must be currently licensed with the California State Board of Registered Nursing.
Must have experience in a nursing director role.
Master s Degree
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
* Credentials verification for clinical practitioner
* Mandated reporting requirements of Child Abuse
* Mandated reporting req of Dependent Adult Abuse
* Must have a current and valid CA RN license at all times during employment in order to practice and function in this clinical role.
* Student Health requires that clinical staff must successfully complete and pass the background check and credentialing process before employment and date of hire.
* To comply with Santa Barbara County Public Health Department Health Officer Order, this position must provide evidence of annual influenza vaccination, or wear a surgical mask while working in patient care areas during the influenza season.
* Any HIPPA or FERPA violation is subject to disciplinary action.
* This is a 12 month at 100% position. Scheduling varies during quarter breaks; weekly schedule may include Thurs. evening hours if need arises. Evening and weekend hours may occassionally be required.
* Student Health is closed between Christmas and New Year's Day holidays.
* UCSB Campus Security Authority under Clery Act
* Satisfactory criminal history background check.
* UCSB is a Tobacco-Free environment.
For full consideration, please provide a resume and cover letter with your application.
JOB FUNCTIONS/PERCENTAGE OF TIME/DUTIES
30% Essential Daily Duties
1. Is the liaison between the registered nurses, licensed vocational nurses and Management.
-hires, trains, terminates
-conducts performance evaluations
-implements disciplinary action as necessary
-schedules including summer assignments
-approves time off requests
-any other personnel issues
3. Oversees the Infection Control Coordinator.
4. Assists with maintaining the accreditation standards for the clinical component of Student Health and is involved in standards related to medical quality, general quality improvement issues, medical records, clinical documentation and staff training.
5. Maintains compliance with all legal requirements of practice. Maintains and updates the Standardized Procedures.
6. Organizes Nursing meetings.
7. Is a member of the general, clinical, and management teams.
8. Participates in various committees as appointed or elected. May include writing and presenting reports, serving as liaison between groups or committees and/or developing policies and procedures.
9. Acts as resource for clinical providers as well as non-medical personnel.
10. Collaborates with other health professionals to establish standards and regularly update Treatment Guidelines protocols, policies and procedures.
Supervision of MA and Entry Immunization
40% Essential Daily Duties
* Performs the full range of supervisory duties, including recruitment and training, assigning work, approving time records/request for time off, performance evaluations, disciplinary action including appropriate documentation, and termination of employment.
2. Provides guidance to the clinical administrative assistant regarding the providers' schedules and schedule adjustments. Oversees and delegates tasks for the clinical administrative assistant.
3. Plans and facilitates monthly staff meetings for medical assistants. Assess work environment, resolves issues and problems with regards to clinic flow, staffing, patient care, plus disseminates and discusses information regarding policy and/or procedures; trains staff as needed.
Responsible for developing, staffing, scheduling and overseeing the coordination of the following events:
1. Oversees the management of the new UC Office of the President mandated entry immunization requirements for all incoming students (approximately 6000 students). Creates and provides students and parents pertinent information. Works with UCSB Admissions and Information Technology staff to disseminate the information as thoroughly and accurately as possible. Monitors the collection and data entry of immunization status information, and revises the process as necessary. Independently makes decisions about the registration blocking and unblocking of non-compliant students. Fields all calls regarding the immunization requirement, and is responsible for the resolution of all problems and complaints of students and parents.
25% Essential Monthly Duties
Directs the development, planning, assessment, coordination and administration of quality improvement (QI) and compliance/risk management programs.
RISK MANAGEMENT (COMPLIANCE):
Ensures compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, including but not limited to HIPAA, FERPA, CMIA, OSHA, and that systems exist to protect the organization. Ensures federal and state license, credentialing, and compliance requirements are met for professional accreditation and licensing and that systems and procedures are in place. Directs the accreditation renewals and site visits, and ensures that laboratory and pharmacy licensures and certifications are maintained. Serves as an advisor to the Clinic Ops Director who oversees the management of the Medical Records unit, ensuring confidentiality of medical and personal information, responsible documentation, correspondence, and compliance with applicable laws, policies and procedures.
Oversees management of department safety and security, environmental health and safety, fire safety, and disaster and emergency preparedness. Ensures compliance with safe practices across all departments to prevent and control risk. Promotes safe practices for patients, staff and facility, in an effort to minimize occupational risk.
In collaboration with the SHS Management Team, develops and implements quality improvement programs that serve to promote service successes and minimize service failures in patient care.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.