AutoNation Honda Fremont Position Overview
The Service Porter is responsible for performing a variety of duties as it relate to the maintenance and service of vehicles.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Assist with service write-ups and tagging of customer cars and trucks
- Remove vehicle protective coverings and ID tags prior to returning completed vehicle to customer
- Inspect vehicles for stains, debris and damages before returning the vehicle to the customer, and report any damage immediately
- Transport customers and dealership personnel as needed
- Perform deliveries as required
- Clean interior and exterior of new and used vehicles
- Keep vehicle lot neat and orderly, moving units as directed and in accordance with dealership display standards
- Return vehicle keys to the appropriate service consultant
- Pick up vehicles from and deliver vehicles to storage
- Pick up parts from the Parts Department
- Test batteries of customer vehicles in service drive
- Maintains building and ground as needed
- Assist with shop clean-up and deliveries when needed
What are the requirements for this job?
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 6-12 months of previous work experience (preferred)
- Ability to read and comprehend written instructions and information
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle machinery safely
- Ability to drive manual transmission vehicles
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Ability to operate an automobile
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.