Monitors foot and vehicle traffic and any other activity to ensure the protection of company assets. Identifies potential risk and actual exposure to merchandise loss and safety concerns through the operation of proprietary systems and equipment. Responds to incidents and accidents as part of trained emergency responders program. Prepares incident reports and reports on information contrary to the best interest of the company.
• Monitors traffic (foot and vehicle) into and out of company property to ensure effective protection of company assets. Monitors activity in secured areas that are on company property, making sure all security procedures are being followed. Monitors operation of facility equipment and devices to ensure effective protection of company assets.
• Identifies potential and actual exposure to merchandise loss to minimize company's profit loss and effectively secure company assets. Identifies security and safety risks that may indirectly or directly affect the well-being of employees. Observes, reports and acts on any information regarding potential and actual loss of company assets.
• Effectively operates asset protection systems and vehicles to secure company assets.
• Effectively operates physical security and other life safety/fire systems to protect against and mitigate risk and other losses against the company.
• Performs as a first responder to facility incidents, when appropriate/necessary. Responds to emergency situations that may require first aid attention and/or operation of AED device.
• Demonstrates a basic working knowledge and understanding of assigned facility and transportation operations to help achieve asset protection goals and objectives. Develops a comprehensive knowledge of Company, assigned facility, and Asset Protection policies/procedures.
• Conducts inventory, safety and security audits within assigned facility and reports audit discrepancies.
• Prepares comprehensive, timely, and detailed incident reports on all inquiries regarding potential and/or actual profit loss, physical security, and safety matters.
• Reports any information, which appears to be contrary to the best interest of The Company, assigned facility, and Asset Protection even though such information may not be directly related to asset protection matters.
• At the direction of the Asset Protection Manager, may assist in investigations on all issues identified as causing potential and actual company profit loss or policy/procedure violation. Ensures confidential information is handled with the highest level of integrity and ethical compliance.
• Establishes and maintains communication avenues to ensure that established asset protection goals and objectives are being met.
• Maintains an awareness of developments in the security industry that relate to role responsibilities/functions, and integrates them into own practices. Maintains a professional image at all times consistent to standards of assigned facility.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine's 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omni-channel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
High School Diploma / GED
Experience in identifying operational issues and recommending / implementing solutions to resolve problems.
Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
Willing to be trained in First Aid and AED operation.
Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: opening a document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type and size, changing margins and column width, sorting, inserting bullets, pictures and dates, using find and replace, undo, spell check, track changes, review pane and/or print functions).
Basic level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: opening a workbook, inserting a row, selecting font style and size, formatting cells as currency, using copy, paste and save functions, aligning text, selecting cells, renaming a worksheet, inserting a column, selecting a chart style, inserting a worksheet, setting margins, selecting page orientation, using spell check and/or printing worksheets).
Willing and able to work a flexible schedule to meet business needs.
Experience writing correspondence and reports.
Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Associates degree and at least 1 year of experience in security/asset protection, customer service AND/OR operations role OR a Bachelor's degree.
Experience with security systems (for example: CCTV, visitor management, life & fire safety).
Experience handling confidential information.
Willing to sign a nondisclosure agreement.
Valid state driver's license.
Completed Workplace Violence and/or Active Shooter training.
At least 1 year of experience indirectly managing team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).