Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
About the Department
At Novo Nordisk, our Strategy, Finance, and Operations team works to provide strategic direction to the company, ensuring that everything we do is viable and built to last. Overseeing and safeguarding Novo Nordisk's short and long-term planning, the Strategy, Finance and Operations team works closely with the business across the organization to develop strategies and business plans, monitor industry trends, and provide operating recommendations. We regulate accounting, uphold workplace safety, manage our supply chain and sampling, support technology, provide commercial insights & analytics, maintain our facilities and assure the integrity and completeness of all business transactions. At Novo Nordisk, you will have the opportunity to build a life-changing career in a global business environment. We encourage our employees to make the most of their talent. And we reward hard work and dedication with the opportunity for continuous learning and personal development. Are you ready to realize your potential?
Assists Senior Manager and/or Director of Government Pricing and Compliance in leading an analytical team in the development and implementation of processes and programs to ensure that Novo Nordisk Inc (NNI) government price submissions are compliant with all Federal and State regulations. Supports Senior Manager in ensuring Government Pricing systems are supporting requirements and responsible for monitoring and resolving system issues/enhancements. Co-develops offline processes and offline models to validate system results and respond to statutory deadlines and agency demands. Ensures timely and accurate filing of all government reports to avoid significant monetary penalties assessed by various government agencies for late or inaccurate reporting. Assists in managing the Medicaid Drug Rebate Program, FSS contracting (including TriCare Rebate process), and PHS/340B pricing and reporting. Ensures all Government Pricing calculation models are consistent with NNI Methodologies.
Reports to the Senior Manager and/or Director of Government Pricing and Compliance. Works closely with Managers and Directors within Pricing, Contract Operations & Reimbursement along with partnering with Government Account Executives, Brand Teams, Legal, Finance, Information Technology and Compliance. External relationships include professional associations, vendors, government agencies and other customers.
- Assists in managing the administration of the Federal Supply
- Schedule contract to include BPA's and our existing National Contract
- Ensures timely payments and reporting to the VA; these include IFF and the Report of Contractor Sales
- Manages the TriCare rebate and dispute resolution process and ensures timely payment and reporting to the TMA
- Perform the quarterly and annual pricing calculations to include NFAMP, FCP, and OGA pricing utilizing the internal GP System
- Co-develops, validates, implements, and maintains offline systems as necessary
- Coordinates the expedited 'pull' of monthly data sets necessary for GP calculations
- Partners with the Information Technology team to identify, monitor and resolve system issues/ enhancements which include RFCs, creation of test scripts and monitoring of issues
- Performs system testing with GP Leads to minimize conflicts and maintain the role of the subject matter expert on GP systems
- Performs the quarterly PHS pricing calculation utilizing the internal GP System and ensures timely and accurate reporting to HRSA's Office of Pharmacy Affairs
- Co-develops financial impact models for management to assess potential liabilities associated with legislative changes
- Coordinates the scheduling of all monthly, quarterly and annual certification review meetings with Senior Management
- Develops an understanding of the market place and changes that may impact government price reporting through interaction with vendors, Account Executives and research of the government websites and publications. Makes recommendations to Senior Management to address these changes
- Ensures that NNI avoids the penalties associated with inaccurate or non-compliant filings ($10,000 per labeler per day)
- Maintains relationships with and reports prices to the various government agencies working closely with Pricing, Contracting, Operations and Reimbursement (PCOR) to ensure all price submissions are timely and accurate
- Performs monthly, quarterly, and annual price calculations (AMP, Best Price, ASP, Non-FAMP, 340B, IFF, CRF) in the Government Pricing System and ensures timely reporting to CMS
- Supports the development and implementation of processes and programs to ensure that NNI government price submissions are compliant with all Federal and State regulations
- Works with Institutional and Federal Contracts team to ensure proper disclosure of necessary pricing/ contracts under the FSS solicitation
- A Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible, Finance, FP&A, Market access and/or relevant experience is required
- At least 2 years in government pricing and compliance including GP systems is preferred. Pharmaceutical experience preferred
- A working knowledge of the legal and regulatory process as it relates to Government Contracts& Compliance
- Ability to develop and maintain strong internal and external relationships
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Access, SQL Management Studio skills is preferred
- Analytical thinker capable of identifying both the depth and breadth of data required to accurately answer questions
- Effective communicator, persuasive in support of conclusions
- Experience in authoring data extraction and report queries using SQL preferred
- Experience in the development and use of pricing and calculation models preferred
- Knowledge of Federal Government Contracting and Federal Government Pricing Calculations is preferred
- Knowledge of the Medicaid Drug Rebate Program is preferred
- May assist in leading a project in the development and implementation of processes and programs
- Planner and forecaster savvy with recognizing trends, establishing a way forward, and focusing on the big picture as well as key details
- Self-motivator who seeks to improve accuracy and efficiency of analytical work and business processes
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications..