Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
With roots dating to 1891 and approximately 7,100 employees, MYR Group Inc. (MYR Group) subsidiaries provide large-scale electrical construction services throughout the U.S. and western Canada. Throughout our history, we have delivered some of the largest electrical infrastructure and notable commercial and industrial projects, and have been consistently recognized as one of the top five specialty electrical contracting firms by Engineering News-Record.
This position will be a shop position working on and maintaining a wide range of company vehicles and equipment in our Bargersville, IN shop. This will be a union position. All candidates must be willing and able to sign on with the IBEW if hired.
* Performing preventative maintenance on electrical construction and transportation equipment
* Constructing, maintaining, and testing mechanical equipment
* Regular and predictable attendance
* The essential functions of this position are to be performed in a Company designated office or field location
* Understand and comply with the Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other industry-specific professional and ethical conduct standards, if applicable.
* Other duties as assigned
MYR equipment to include but not limited to:
* Bucket trucks
* Digger derricks
* Boom trucks
* Construction equipment
* Overhead pullers and tension machines
* Aerial lifts
* Large mobile cranes
* Class 1 to 8 vehicles
* Dozers and other construction equipment
* 3-5 years of experience on class 1 to class 8 chassis service and repairs.
* 3-5 years of experience on aerial equipment, insulated bucket trucks, digger derricks, and large mobile cranes (Aerial certification training preferred)
* 3-5 years of experience on dirt equipment, backhoes, dozers and electrical placing equipment, overhead pullers and tensioners
* 3-5 years of experience in hydraulic systems
* Ability to pass a background, MVR, and federal drug screening
* Welding skills: stick, mig, tig, and gas preferred
* Ability to use a wide range of personal hand tools
* Weekly pay via direct deposit or pay card
* Comprehensive benefits package
* Medical, dental, & vision
* $15 weekly premium for employee only & employee plus family coverage
* Low deductibles and out-of-pocket maximums
* Flexible spending accounts
* Company-paid short and long-term disability
* Company-paid life and accidental death & dismemberment
* Supplemental life and accidental death & dismemberment
* Critical illness & accident plans
* Identity theft protection
* Group legal
* Auto & homeowners
* Generous 401(k) Plan
* 100% match up to 6%; immediate vesting
* Annual profit-sharing potential
* Paid time off
* Tiered increases based on tenure with the company
* Holidays (8 per year)
* Sick time (as applicable)
* Superior educational assistance program
Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Apply at: www.myrgroup.com. If you require an accommodation to complete the online application, please call our Employment Hotline at 1-855-635-1321.
MYR Group Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To all recruitment agencies, MYR Group and its subsidiary companies do not accept agency resumes unless they are from an approved vendor and submitted through our Third-Party Recruiter Portal. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, company employees, or any other company location. MYR Group nor its subsidiary companies are responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.