Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
With roots dating to 1891 and approximately 7,100 employees, MYR Group Inc. subsidiaries provide large-scale electrical construction services throughout the U.S. and western Canada. Throughout our history, we have delivered some of the largest electrical infrastructure and notable commercial and industrial projects, and have been consistently recognized as one of the top five specialty electrical contracting firms by Engineering News-Record.
The Equipment Manager is responsible for operating an efficient and effective operation through knowledge of equipment, costs controls, achievement of objectives, and maintenance of all relevant equipment records.
* Develop and implement in conjunction with team, systems for scheduling resources, providing preventative maintenance, inventory control and vendor evaluations, as well as operational procedures
* Supervise work of designated in-house mechanics, field mechanics, fuel & lube technicians, and vendors
* Keep current on new technologies as they relate to management of equipment and apply accordingly
* Assist with buy/sell/lease options and alternatives
* Schedule and perform preventative maintenance for designated Company equipment
* Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of equipment as needed
* Supervise the inspection and repairs of designated Company vehicles and equipment and provide recommendations on course of action accordingly
* Understand and ensure compliance with manufacturer warranty and policy procedures
* Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
* Oversee mechanics in the performance of any and all mechanical repairs on both light and heavy equipment
* Document work performed by utilizing system software programs
* Ensure OSHA standards and company safety policies are complied with at all times
* Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations
* Coordinate with safety department to ensure a safe work environment is maintained
* Secure and analyze vendor quotes and estimates for services, tools, parts, and supplies
* Monitor and control inventory levels of parts, tools, and supplies
* Develop and maintain vendor list and continuously monitor overall quality of service provided
* Regular and predictable attendance is required
* Other duties as assigned
* 10+ years' experience in equipment management
* Equipment management experience within the electrical construction industry required.
* Proficient with computer systems as they relate to utilization of scheduling of manpower/resources, implementation of preventative maintenance programs, inventory management systems, and general knowledge of MS Office
* Thorough knowledge of cost tracking
* Strong commitment to safety
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain rapport
* Excellent organizational and time management skills
* Strong leadership and team building skills
Bachelor's Degree in Equipment Service Management or Automotive Management
* Weekly pay via direct deposit or pay card
* Comprehensive benefits package
* Medical, dental, & vision
* $15 weekly premium for employee only & employee plus family coverage
* Low deductibles and out-of-pocket maximums
* Flexible spending accounts
* Company-paid short and long-term disability
* Company-paid life and accidental death & dismemberment
* Supplemental life and accidental death & dismemberment
* Critical illness & accident plans
* Identity theft protection
* Group legal
* Auto & homeowners
* Generous 401(k) Plan
* 100% match up to 6%; immediate vesting
* Annual profit-sharing potential
* Paid time off
* Tiered increases based on tenure with the company
* Holidays (8 per year)
* Sick time (as applicable)
* Superior educational assistance program
Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Apply at: www.myrgroup.com. If you require an accommodation to complete the online application, please call our Employment Hotline at 1-855-635-1321.
MYR Group Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To all recruitment agencies, MYR Group and its subsidiary companies do not accept agency resumes unless they are from an approved vendor and submitted through our Third-Party Recruiter Portal. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, company employees, or any other company location. MYR Group nor its subsidiary companies are responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.