Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
MEI seeks an experienced engineer to provide support to Goddard Space Flight Center's (GSFC) Electrostatic Discharge Control Program.
Duties associated with the ESD Control Engineer position include:
- Identify and implement GSFC-unique ESD Control requirements.
- Provide training content, coordinate and publish technical policy for ESD Control.
- Provide guidance for stakeholders of the ESD Control requirements.
- Support technical investigations and research related to ESD Control issues and engineering needs.
- Implement the ESD work area certification process.
- Support the GSFC Lab Safety and Quality Improvement Team with ESD Control process and engineering expertise.
- Provide engineering expertise for troubleshooting ESD control non-conformances and for addressing non-standard technical issues.
- Develop risk statements related to issues occurring with GSFC's facilities related to ESD control and provide mitigations for those risks.
- Maintain and update as needed, the GSFC Safety and Mission Assurance Wiki page to capture and share lessons learned, best practices, and rationale for requirements.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Be a self-starter, able to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Be pro-active and confident, as well as a team-player who is able to interface with technical and management personnel.
- You may be required to support various operations that require specific training. This training can include courses associated with workmanship, electrostatic discharge, working in confined spaces, or others required to support operations. Being able to take and pass these courses in a timely manner is a requirement for continued employment.
Ability to work in a cleanroom facility to include: wearing proper clean-room attire, kneeling, working in tight spaces around expensive equipment.
Millennium offers a comprehensive benefits package. Millennium is An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Millennium does not discriminate on any basis prohibited by applicable law including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, citizenship status, or Vietnam era or special disabled veteran's status in recruitment, employment, promotion, compensation, benefits, or training. It is also Millennium's policy to maintain a work environment free from discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.
Millennium participates in the E-Verify program. .