Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
We are growing at Great Dane, we need you to reach the next level.
We offer competitive pay, great benefits, 401k, and pension.
Great Dane turns innovative ideas into advances in trailer technology, creating new solutions in the transportation and supply chain industry. Our teams craft trailers that deliver essential goods and services, turning the wheels of the American economy.
For more than 120 years, Great Dane has earned its reputation as an industry leader in technology, innovation and quality. Our commitment to building superior products and fulfilling customer needs has taken us from a small steel fabricating company to the most-recognized trailer manufacturer in the world.
With thousands of employees worldwide, teamwork and collaboration are valued here. We look for employees who are driven, determined and ready to accelerate their future.
With advancement opportunities, training and tuition reimbursement – the road ahead is paved with possibilities.
The Position: The Quality Supervisor primary function will be to direct and manage the quality assurance activities for the facility, ensuring that the production of semi-trailers is consistent with established quality standards. Executes internal audits within established manufacturing and production controls to ensure compliance with in-house and external specifications and standards.
Requirements: The ideal candidates should be highly motivated and possess the following qualifications: Why You Should Apply? • Utilize Quality tools and knowledge to continuous improve product and processes.
• Preference: Education: Bachelor’s degree in related discipline (e.g., Quality Control, Business Management, Lean Manufacturing)
• Years of Experience: 4+ years of relevant work experience in Engineering, Manufacturing or Quality role.
• Strong proficiency in advanced data functions in Excel.
• Prior experience with Quality Control.
• A favorable background screening, Drug Screening, and proof of work authorization in the United States is required for employment.
• Develops, analyzes, and understands statistical data and product specifications to determine present standards and establish proposed quality and reliability expectancy of finished trailers and sub-assemblies.
• Formulates and maintains quality control objectives complementary to corporate policies and goals.
• Creates and implements inspection criteria and procedures, and directs workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, and finished trailers.
• Interprets quality control philosophy to key personnel in organization, and coordinates objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other plant managers to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
• Applies total quality management tools and approaches to analytical and reporting processes within each department.
• Investigates and adjusts customer complaints regarding quality.
• Compiles quality reports and audit plans, communicates audit results to management, and makes recommendations as appropriate.
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Develops, implements, communicates, and maintains a quality plan to bring the company’s quality systems and policies into compliance with quality system requirements.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Technical knowledge of trailers and ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
• Ability to communicate professionally and effectively in person and in writing. Ability to effectively write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to lead, train, direct, and motivate people and delegate tasks effectively in a team atmosphere.
• Proficiency with computers and computer programs. Examples: digital photography, document download and upload, email, spreadsheet, document writing,
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Ability to use both manual and electronic measuring tools such as: Tape measure (Metric/English); Calipers; Micrometers; Taper Gage; Flat Bars; VersaGage; mil gage, etc.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints and bills of materials. Ability to read and comply with operating procedures and instruction manuals including maintenance and safety information.
• Receive immediate product recognition by seeing product out on the road.
• Be a part of the growth of newest of 9 manufacturing plants within Great Dane.
• Competitive Pay, Advancement Opportunities & Tuition Reimbursement
The ideal candidates should be highly motivated and possess the following qualifications:
Why You Should Apply?
• Utilize Quality tools and knowledge to continuous improve product and processes.