Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
* Under the general direction of a security manager, supervisor, or management designee, the security officer will monitor the healthcare environment to help prevent security incidents from occurring and deescalate incidents as they emerge. He or she will help generate a feeling of personal safety and good will among staff, patients, and visitors. The security officer may provide protective services and, with sufficient training, patient restraints as deemed necessary by medical staff. The security officer will also assist with the development and coordination of related departmental policies, procedures, and programs, in accordance with federal, state, OSHA, and NIOSH regulations.
* A full time, year round position, 40 hours/week on day/evening shift.
* Exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life/disability insurance, generous paid time off plan, retirement with employer match, paid family leave, and much more!
REQUIRED MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES (KSAS)
* EDUCATION: Graduate of Police Academy or completion of Bachelor's Degree in Law Enforcement.
* LICENSE/CERTIFICATIONS: Valid Driver's license, Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) or similar within 1 year of hire, International Association of Healthcare Security and Safety (IAHSS) certified at the Basic Officer level within 1 year of hire preferred. Completion of HIC 100, 200, and 700 required.
* EXPERIENCE: Experience in law enforcement required. Prior experience with hospital security is preferred.
For more information on career opportunities at Memorial Hospital, contact Beth Carpenter, Senior Recruiter/Talent Acquisition Partner at email@example.com or (603) 356-4939.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.