Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Medication Technician - Full time
# of Openings
Area of Interest
Elderwood Village at Fairport
Join Our Team
Join our strong and growing company today!
Elderwood Village at Fairport is in growth mode and currently looking to hire a Medication Technician! The Medication Technician functions as a key member of the Resident Care Team and works under the supervision of the Director of Resident Care. The Medication Technician assumes responsibility for adequate training and proper work ethic of the Resident Care Assistants.
Benefits and Perks of the Job:
Clean, Neat, and Newly Renovated Facility
- Generous Paid Time Off and Holiday Packages
- Top Notch Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan with Company Matching
- Substantial Employee Referral Program
- Tution Reimbursement
Shift: We are currently offering the following
- Full Time
- Must possess the ability to make independent decision when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, resident, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
- Knowledge of elderly, ill, and/or disabled.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition an enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult residents.
- Must be able to relate information concerning a resident's condition.
- Basic understanding of following step-by-step procedures.
- Follows and understands written and oral directions.
- Knowledge of equipment used in long-term care (e.g., lifts, wheelchairs, Geri chairs, and scales).
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace. (With or without the aid of mechanical devices)
Physical and Sensory Requirements
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday.
- Must be able to speak and write the English language in an understandable manner.
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
- Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to ensure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
- Must function independently and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with resident personnel, and support agencies.
- Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of this facility, which include a medical and physical examination.
- Graduate of an accredited high school or GED preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be in good physical and mental health.
- Ability to work independently or part of a group.
- Effectively communicate with others.
Elderwood Village at Fairport is a senior living community located within the greater Rochester area. Come meet our great residents, and friendly, supportive staff with established and welcoming leadership!
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.